1Password not Syncing via dropbox

icekool2000
icekool2000
Community Member

Hi there,

I've recently installed the latest version of 1Password for Android on my HTC One M8 running lollipop. When attempting to sync my vault via dropbox, which was created on my mac running 1Password 5, I can see the vault via 1Password on my phone, however when it starts to download the files from dropbox it says first, that it can find the fault and then starts the sync of the files. It's at that point that it reports: "Can't download file [name of file here]" for all the files. Once sync has finished I have one password in the vault when there should be in excess of 290 passwords there. I've checked access via dropbox app on my phone and everything looks ok.

The sync works fine between my iPad and MAC.

Any suggestions on what I can check - thanks.

IK

Comments

• Hi @icekool2000. I'll be happy to help you get your devices syncing properly. :)

Can you confirm that both your iPad and Mac are up-to-date? If so, here's what I'd like you to do:

• On your iPad, open 1Password for iOS, tap Settings > Sync > Sync Service, and tap Disable Sync.

• On the Mac, open 1Password for Mac, and click the 1Password menu, then Preferences. Click Sync, and click Change syncing.

• Check the box to remove the data from Dropbox and confirm that you want to disable sync.

• Reboot the Mac and iOS devices.

• Check your Dropbox folder and rename any other 1Password folders or files that the remove data checkbox did not take care of to 1Password.agilekeychain_backup.

• On the Mac, go back to the Sync preferences, and click Dropbox. Click Choose vault, then navigate to your Dropbox folder and select Open. This will regenerate a 1Password folder in Dropbox, and that will contain a new 1Password.agilekeychain file.

• Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

• Go back into the iOS app and re-enable Dropbox sync.

You might have to reinstall 1Password on your Android if you find it not working right away. Let me know if you're able to sync with your Android now!

• icekool2000
    icekool2000
    Community Member

Hi Peri,

I followed your instructions above and that worked perfectly! So pleased with that :) Thanks so much for your help. Waited so long for a cross platform OSX/iOS/Android password solution that works so well!

Iain

• Thanks for the update! I'm so glad to hear you were able to get everything syncing properly again. :)

Please let us know if you have any further problems. Take care!

This discussion has been closed.