Question about the Wi-Fi Sync between Windows and iOS

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Unable to Wifi Sync PC and iPhone.

Comments

• Think
    Think
    Community Member
    Options

has the issue with wi49ersfan been sorted out?

i am curios as i am looking to purchase and want to know if syncing from iphone TO pc works well

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

@Think: Wi-Fi Sync works well. Most of the time. It is important to remember that there is a lot that can go wrong with Wi-Fi in general (as I am sure we all know from experience!) It depends on every link in the chain, and the weakest can always cause it to break.

With that in mind, we can start at the end and work our way backward:

1Password > security/firewall/proxy > network stack > wifi adapter > router software > hardware -- and then in reverse for the device at the other end. Any of these can be a point of failure. Granted, there can be firewall/proxy/security software or hardware at a number of points in the chain, but this is generally the most common setup.

Basic Wi-Fi troubleshooting, in order of 'easiest' to 'hardest':

1. Reset Wi-Fi (both devices)
    2. Restart OS (both devices)
    3. Soft-reset router (if possible)
    4. Hard-reset router
    5. Reset sync settings (both devices)
    6. Disable software firewall (OS or 3rd party)
    7. Disable security software
    8. If security or firewall software turns out to be the issue, turning it back on and setting an exception for the traffic may work, provided that is an option.

Note: Attachments will not transfer to 1Password for iOS via Wi-Fi Sync unless 1Password for Windows is using the OPVault format.

Fortunately in most cases things 'just work', since we are all very motivated to make sure our connections are in working order. Again, this is just a generic rundown, since configurations can vary wildly. But if folks run into sync issues, well...that's what we're here for! :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Think,

I hope you don't mind, I've split your post into its own thread, so we can answer your question directly.

In addition to what Brenty said, please also feel free to test the sync without paying first for 1Password. 1Password for iOS is free to download at the iOS App Store with an option to unlock more features via an in-app purchase and 1Password for Windows is available as a 30-day unrestricted free trial at our website here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

In addition to that, we offer a 30-day money back promise with not questions asked. You can see it here: https://agilebits.com/home/money_back_guarantee

This discussion has been closed.