URL Not the same when I click on URL in my 1Password logon...

Options
Pongo5295
Pongo5295
Community Member
edited March 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

The URL that is in the saved entry in 1Password is https://www.capbluecross.com/. I've deleted it and reentered it several times to ensure it is correct. When I manually enter the address in IE 11, it goes to the correct website for logging in.

However, when I click on it in the saved profile for the website in 1Password, the following appears in the address line: https://www.capbluecross.com/?onepasswdfill=E7541047D0B8405FB3D29465B8AFC7B5

I do not have "AutoType in web browser" enabled.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you...

Comments

• LauraR
    Options

@Pongo5295 - can you try the following :

• Edit the login that you currently have for this website by appending an "Old" to the title - just so you can tell them apart.
    • Visit the site and fill in the fields you want filled. Do NOT click the login button.
    • Click the 1Password extension, and unlock it if necessary.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select Save New Login.
    • Give the entry a unique and identifiable title.
    • Click Save.

Please let me know if this helps.

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @Pongo5295,

Just to clarify, it is normal to see /?onepasswdfill=<item uuid> in your address bar when you open a Login from the 1Password application or Helper. The last part helps the extension figure out which item you want to fill. 1Password is the one adding that part to your address.

• krismorrison72
    krismorrison72
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the same problem logging into the Hbr.org site - it doesn't like the /?onepasswdfill...
    I tried the suggestion above by @Pongo5295 but it doesn't make a difference. Still sends me to a "page not found" within Hbr.
    Any other suggestions?

• krismorrison72
    krismorrison72
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, suggestion was by @LauraR

• LauraR
    Options

@krismorrison72 - I cannot reproduce a problem with hbr.org though I am only using test credentials. Can you clarify the problem you are seeing?

• Pongo5295
    Pongo5295
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry it has taken a bit of time to respond.

I tried Laura's suggestion and created a brand new entry. The problem continues to persist even with the new entry as I explained in my original posting. If I go to the proper URL (https://www.capbluecross.com/) and manually copy the login name and password into the login form, everything works fine. Whether I use either the new or old entry in 1Password version 4.300.556, I will get the results as I originally described.

When I use my original iPassword 1.0.9.342 on my other PC with my original iPassword license which I have been using for several years, the problem does NOT occur. I also do NOT see the https://www.capbluecross.com/?onepasswdfill=E7541047D0B8405FB3D29465B8AFC7B5 with iPassword 1.0.9.342. I just recently updated to 1Password version 4 which is when I saw that very strange appending of 1Password to the URL. I do NOT see that strange appending to any other URL in either the 1.0.9.342 or 4.300.556 versions. I can't see how that appending is doing anything but causing the problem - it does NOT appear with any of the other 208 logons I have used over the years. The strange appending has not appeared with any other of the logins in the new 4.300.556 version.

In summary, the problem is still occurring with version 4.300.556 every single time (with the old entry or the new one I created via LauraR's suggestion) and it does not occur on my other PC with iPassword 1.0.9.342.

To address MileT's comment: if I manually delete the appended piece that iPassword is adding on to the true URL, the proper website appears. Otherwise, I get what you see in the attached which appears when 1Password appends to the original URL.

I appreciate your prompt replies and your willingness to help.

Ron.

• LauraR
    Options

Ron - what version of Internet Explorer are you using? I'm having a problem reproducing this issue.

This is the login screen and you can see my test user name and password -

And here is my 1Password record after saving it manually -

• Pongo5295
    Pongo5295
    Community Member
    Options

Lauren,

I am using Internet Explorer 11. I have cleared the cache selecting every option to be deleted, yet the problem persists. I have the same login settings for the site as you do. The only problem is that 1Password keeps appending that 1Password extention that Mike referenced. If I manually backspace over that extension to erase it, then I get the web site like you got. Not sure why 1Password continues to add that extension. I have not found that to be the case with any other login I have used.

Thanks for your continued attempts. Someone at Agile must know WHY that extension keeps getting added which causes that weird IBM screen to appear.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pongo5295: At first, that sounded a lot like Trusteer, which I know is an IBM property now. But Tivoli Access Manager WebSEAL, which you have pictured in your screenshot, is -- as best as I can tell -- some kind of corporate single sign on software...which you have on your computer. If it is blocking communications between the 1PasswordHelper and browser extension, that would account for the onepasswdfill:// getting stuck in the address bar instead of the extension receiving it.

The best thing to do would be to contact your IT department. I know there are means of removing it, but it is beyond the scope of 1Password (and AgileBits in general) to advise you on that.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015
    Options

@Pongo5295 I'm sorry you are having this problem.

The onepasswdfill parameter you're seeing is a new feature that allows our extension to log into the web site automatically when you navigate to the latter from the 1Password application.

Here's a workaround for you.

1. Do not navigate to the web site from the 1Password application
    2. Start Internet Explorer
    3. Click on the 1Password button
    4. Unlock 1Password
    5. Type this: "capbluecross" (no quotes). The 1Password popup menu should now reappear, displaying only your capbluecross.com Login item
    6. Click on your capbluecross.com Login item
    7. Result: 1Password navigates to capbluecross.com and then logs you into this web site.

Knowing this might not be a satisfactory workflow for you, I have added another workaround:

1. Start 1Password
    2. Unlock
    3. Locate your capbluecross.com Login item
    4. Hold down the Ctrl key
    5. Click on capbluecross.com
    6. Result: 1Password navigates to capbluecross.com without the onepasswdfill parameter

To be included with 1Password 4.3.1.BETA-557

• Pongo5295
    Pongo5295
    Community Member
    Options

I really appreciate the thought you folks are putting into this...

To Brenty: In doing a bit of research, I have found that IBM Tivoli Access Manager WebSEAL is an authorization solution for corporate web services. Your 1Password extension seems to apparently trigger WebSEAL on Capital Blue Cross' website for some reason. My home PC has never been used for anything of a corporate nature - I've never used this PC to connect to our corporate network. There is no VPN software of any type or anything from our corporate software suite on this PC. It was a good thought, for sure. I work in the corporate IT area at work.

To svondutch: Your first workaround only took me to Google's search area when I entered capbluecross. Your second workaround worked ONE TIME. After that, each time I tried using iPassword with the CTRL key, the Tivoli Access Manager WEBSEAL came up. Apparently, your onepassfill parameter is not correctly passing off for this correct site. I was assuming the CTRL key would keep the extension from being appended. Maybe it does in the beta? That would be a NICE feature.

The only workaround that seems to work is when the screen comes up with your onepassfill parameter which triggers that website's IBM authentication screen, then I backspace to erase all of your onepassfill parameter, then hit ENTER and the proper website appears. Then I can use the Internet Explorer 1Password extension button to logon. That works 100% of the time. I can live with that.

The only reason I posted here was thinking that perhaps there is a 1Password issue that you may want to look further into that would eliminate the problem programmatically. I can live with one website that doesn't work of the 208 logins that appeared when I updated to version 4. I haven't tested all of the other logins to see whether the problem can be reproduced on any other logon.

One other thought before I consider this closed: I have looked in Programs and Features in Control Panel for "IBM" or "Tivoli" or "WebSEAL" and none of those appear there nor are there any VPN or any corporate software whatsoever. That's not to say that some other program may have some code under the covers that does use that IBM software.

I don't envy your task with working with the vagaries found on people's PCs where they download who knows what. This is my home PC and I keep it clean. But who knows? The problem could still be clearly on this PC. Perhaps I'll add 1Password 4 temporarily on the machine with the old 1Password and get the answer to that.

Thanks for all of your efforts. They are genuinely appreciated.

Feel free to consider this issue closed.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I was assuming the CTRL key would keep the extension from being appended. Maybe it does in the beta? That would be a NICE feature.

@Pongo5295 It does. Can you please download version 4.3.1.BETA-557 and confirm this? Thanks!

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4#beta

• Pongo5295
    Pongo5295
    Community Member
    Options

SUPER!!!The use of the CTRL key with the beta resolves my issues 100%!!!

Thanks to all of you for sticking with me on this! Your support is as outstanding as your product!!!

Thanks again!!!

• LauraR
    Options

@Pongo5295 - so glad the new version resolved your issue. Thank you for your kind words!

• Pongo5295
    Pongo5295
    Community Member
    Options

It was a pleasure working with you folks, Laura...OUTSTANDING SUPPORT for an OUTSTANDING PRODUCT!!!

• LauraR
    Options

:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pongo5295: I'm glad to hear that helped. And your kind words mean so much! We only do our best to offer software and support that is as outstanding as you and the rest of our customers. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.