Recent Update - Multiple problems, poorly executed.

Options

What in god's name have they done? I have sync problems where I have to download a iOS app (Bonjour) to sync over wifi. I update passwords that then it screws up and have to reset. The new interface is terrible and you can't modify logins or edit them in the Google extension. Sweet Jesus. Roll it back.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi @gbwheeler,

I have sync problems where I have to download a iOS app (Bonjour) to sync over Wi-Fi.

I'm not sure what you mean here, Bonjour isn't an app to use on iOS. You only need to install Apple's Bonjour service on Windows when you want to sync between 1Password for Windows and 1Password for iOS via Wi-Fi.

I update passwords that then it screws up and have to reset.

Can you explain more, what do you mean by it screws up?

The new interface is terrible

Did you update from 1Password 1.x for Windows to 1Password 4 for Windows just now?

you can't modify logins or edit them in the Google extension

We plan to re-implement that in a future update. Unfortunately, I don't have a timeframe on this. For now, you can right-click on the Login in the extension to select the option to open it in the main application. That'll speed up the process of editing your Logins.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I have to download a iOS app (Bonjour) to sync over Wi-Fi

Bonjour is not an iOS app. Bonjour is a zero-configuration networking technology.

I update passwords that then it screws up and have to reset

Do you happen to have reproducible steps? I would love to reproduce and fix this problem.

you can't modify logins or edit them in the extension

1. hover your mouse cursor over a Login item in the extension
    2. press Tab (or click on the right mouse button)
    3. a new sub-menu appears
    4. click on: "Open in 1Password"
This discussion has been closed.