Can 1Password for Windows sync to the Mac and iOS?

1. Is this even possible?
  2. is this possible without introducing Dropbox?

I have a couple of iOS devices, a Windows machine and several Macs. I'd love to be able to share my 1Pwd data across all of them, but I'd rather not have Dropbox installed. If this isn't possible, so be it.

TIA!

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tftio: In order to sync all of the devices you listed (Mac, PC, and iOS) you would need to use Dropbox. Currently Wi-Fi Sync is the only other option available on Windows, and this only works between a PC and mobile devices, not computer-to-computer.

The Good news is that Dropbox is mature and fairly lightweight. You don't actually have to install the client on mobile devices, only the computers. You can find more information about Dropbox Sync here, as well as links to instructions for setting it up with 1Password on each platform. I hope this helps! :)

• MikeT
    edited March 2015

Hi @tftio,

If you're willing to do a bit more work, you can also do this: use a local sync tool of your own to sync between Mac and PCs while using Wi-Fi sync between one of your computers and iOS devices.

However for now, Dropbox is the best option to do all of this automatically.

• tftio
    tftio
    Community Member

Thanks, all.

• You're welcome. If there's anything we can do to assist, please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.