Installing Chrome Extension

Hi,
I cannot install chrome browser's extension and continuously receiving follow note:
"There was an error installing the Chrome extension. Please try again or contact us for assistance."

when I tried to install it directly from Chrome, I receive error!!
Please let me know what is the problem and how I can install it?

Windows: 7
Chrome: 41.0.2272.89

Thanks
Pejman

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
  • pejman
    pejman
    Community Member

Thanks @svondutch but the link in first line for Chrome does not work:

Launch Internet Explorer, and direct it to our extensions revision history page.

• Thanks for the followup @pejman.

I'm not sure why that link doesn't work for you. It works fine for me so I'm guessing it's an Internet Explorer issue of some sorts.

I'd rather see you install the Chrome Web Store version anyway so can you please try downloading 1Password directly from there and see if it works? We use a special inline install script on our main website and I'm wondering if there's something blocking that.

Please try installing directly from the Chrome Web Store by using this link:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-password-manage/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

If that doesn't work, as a test, could you try installing another extension from the store and see if it works? For example, try installing the Save to Pocket extension using this link:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-to-pocket/niloccemoadcdkdjlinkgdfekeahmflj

Please let us know how it turns out.

• pejman
    pejman
    Community Member

Dear @dteare
    Thanks for your explanation.
    For direct installation from chrome store, I receive follow error message:
    "There was a problem adding the item to Chrome. Please refresh the page and try again."
    ** I received same message when I tried to install "Save tp Pocket" extension.

And when I used CRX file and install it on Chrome, it become Disable and chrome does not allow me to enable it :(

What can I do?

regards

• MikeT
    edited March 2015

Hi @pejman,

It sounds like the issue is with Chrome, not the extensions. Do you recall changing the default downloads directory in Chrome? In the past, this would break the installation of extensions. Please go to Chrome's settings and make sure the downloads folder is set to your local drive's folder, something that is easily accessible. To do this:

1. Open Chrome, click on the hamburger icon on the top right and select Settings
    2. Scroll down to click on Show advanced settings and continue scrolling down until you see the Downloads folder setting like this:

Change it to your local drive's folder, like your desktop as a test. Restart Chrome and see if it works.

If not, a few things you can try:

1. Chrome's basic troubleshooter
    2. Try creating a different clean Chrome profile
This discussion has been closed.