[Request] Search all open vaults at once

Options
signe
signe
Community Member

I have several vaults - one for home, one for work, and one I share with my fiancee.

The requirement in 1P Mini, and in iOS and Windows, that I first select which vault I want to use when logging into a site is incredibly frustrating.

Just like when I have multiple logins in a single vault, if I had multiple across multiple vaults it could just prompt. If there's only one, use it.

The selection requirement means that "just using a hotkey" is not possible in a lot of cases because the wrong one always ends up being selected. This is especially painful on iOS where to change vaults you need to go into the settings... several taps to get in, several to get out, before you can even begin searching for the login you want.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @signe,

I've added your voice to an existing request and I shall bring this up with the developers as you're not the first person to ask.

Now this won't be possible in 1Password for Windows as it currently handles vaults quite differently than Mac and iOS. In Windows you only ever have a single vault open in contrast to all vaults being stored and accessible in the Mac and iOS versions. My (admittedly limited) understanding of Mac and iOS is we're looking at a moderate change involving the UI and some background tasks. With Windows it would be a substantial overhaul given it's scope is a single .agilkeychain or opvault. We will take your thoughts on board though!

The reason I know it shouldn't be as much of a challenge on the Mac and iOS as Windows is our iOS Safari Extension will search over all vaults. So if you're looking for a Login for filling in Safari it will do this already. It's another argument for unified search, to bring the apps in line with how the extension already behaves. Now I can't make any promises let alone supply an ETA I'm afraid but I will ask.

ref: OPM-1644

This discussion has been closed.