Logins do not AutoSubmit [removed in 5.3 for compatibility reasons]

rlissant
rlissant
Community Member
edited April 2015 in iOS

Since upgrade to 1password 5.3, the auto login doesn't work anymore. I am under IOS 8.2. I have this case when trying to login to www.amazon.com. I see the username and password been automatically filled in, but nothing happen until I click to the "sign in" icon to login. The previous version 5.2.1 does not have this problem.

AgileBits Update: Please see this post for the latest information.

Comments

• Lymond
    Lymond
    Community Member

I have the exact same problem after updating 1P to version 5.3. To me, this latest version is much ado about things that are not critical or essential, yet blatantly disabling the auto "sign in" is. How could the 1P staff not noticing this gross oversight in 5.3? Anyway, at this writing I have already reverted back to 1P 5.2.1.

• rlissant
    rlissant
    Community Member

You're absolutely right. Exhaustive testing must be done before releasing version 5.3. BTW, May I ask you how you have reverted back to 1P 5.2.1. ?

• woomoo7
    woomoo7
    Community Member

Restored to 5.2.1 too which has same issues. Auto login not enabling. 5.3 is much the same-buggy. App worked great before the last two updates. Now App is so unreliable in terms of will the website even load or auto log in work. For me App has turned into nothing more than an expensive note pad. Looking at using other apps until an update fixes the bug issues. This was once the best app going. Didn't mind paying the money for it but now it seems like a waste.

• erichutchison
    erichutchison
    Community Member

How do restore to 5.2.1 on an iPad

• forrests
    forrests
    Community Member

Since updating to 5.3 on iOS 8.12, my iBrowser will no longer fill in the log-in info for many of my previously problem-free web sites. Does 5.3 need 8.2 to work or is something not working correctly? This happens on both my iPhone and iPad with the same software. Both worked perfectly before yesterday's update! Please help.

• cahill
    cahill
    Community Member

Experiencing the same issue, is there any official response from agilebits, seems like a big issue.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@forrests I have merged your post into an existing thread on the same subject so we can keep all relevant posts together.

Stephen

• btcompute
    btcompute
    Community Member

Auto Login stopped working for me also with the 5.3 update. Not a happy camper!
    Please stop messing around with new features and just make the updates work properly.

• iphone6
    iphone6
    Community Member

i have the same problem.instead of adding worthless things with every update i preffer to get a stable app.i feel like 1Pass is going to become a social network soon .....can't believe nobosy from staff noticed this bug before releasing the update.

• pmatteodo
    pmatteodo
    Community Member

Please fix this.

• Hi folks,

I do apologize for the inconvenience but this was removed from v5.3 intentionally. We're moving to a new 'brain' for filling, which should make filling more reliable and accurate for more sites, but as a side-effect auto-submit is not yet possible with it.

The option to animate filling is also no longer available as it is not currently possible.

ref: OPI-2423

Again my apologies for the inconvenience.

Ben

• gofarr
    gofarr
    Community Member

This update seems to be a move forward but in essence is a strong move back. As I see by the posting this is a big concern. I, at least, want secure simplicity.

Ben, It sounds like this issue is going to take time for the brain to become synapsed with the auto fill. How can I return to my "payed for" version 5.2.1 that worked fine for my auto fill.

• Hi @gofarr,

Unfortunately Apple will not allow you to download old versions of apps (any apps) unless that happens to be the latest version your device will run and you had purchased that version prior to the newer one being released. Since that cannot possibly be the case here (as the system requirements didn't change), the only way to revert to 5.2.1 would be if you have a copy of it stored in iTunes and sync it over from there.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• iphone6
    iphone6
    Community Member

for auto login i purchased this app ,now you guys removed this vital function for me and lot's of other people.i just want back the app i paid for.

• iphone6
    iphone6
    Community Member

i purchased this app for auto login function and now you guys just remove it and added other things that are really worthless.i just want back the app i paid for,now other similar apps offer same functions at cheaper price.this was the best function that 1Pass had and now it got removed.can't believe that.

• johnoz
    johnoz
    Community Member

Just want to add my 2cents about you guys removing this feature. Imo it has made a fine app clunky to use as I am now unable to easily auto login to at least one of my most used sites. Pity.

• btcompute
    btcompute
    Community Member

If you are telling us that the auto-fill feature is gone and will not return, this is a big problem.
    I, like many others, bought this app for this specific feature.
    It may be time to switch to another company's app.
    I've tried your new 1Password Extension routine and hate it.
    It is much more cumbersome than the old auto-fill feature.
    Please bring back auto-fill.

• Marshall
    Marshall
    Community Member

I am also having issues with auto fill since 5.3 update. On iPhone the user and password do not fill in when I get to the website. On iPad those fill in, but the auto login does not work. For me, this makes 1Password useless. I have other apps that will generate passwords, so if I have to fill these in myself I have no use for 1Password. Very disappointing!

• ady
    ady
    Community Member

Come on AgileBits. This is ridiculous. Ever since 5.3 I can't log in to most of my banking and work sites. the app either freezes or takes me back to the log in informing me that an error has occurred. I'm guessing this is as a result of your "genius" move to get rid of the auto-fill feature. What good reason can I have to use this app if it doesn't allow me to log in? I deleted the app and reinstalled, and nothing works. If no solutions are addressed, then I guess it is time to say goodbye, so long.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

For the posters here who refer to auto-fill not returning, or to AgileBits getting rid of the feature, it may be helpful to read Ben's post rather more carefully:

as a side-effect auto-submit is not yet possible

(my emphasis) does not seem to me to support either statement.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

Hi all,

I don't venture into the iOS side of things too often so I'd just like to clarify, we're talking specifically about the auto submit in 1Browser that used to exist, is that correct?

I just want to confirm that we're talking about the same thing as there auto filling means something quite different from submit after filling to me.

Auto fill would be opening a web page and the Login is filled automatically upon page load. We've never done this to the best of my knowledge as this is a security risk. Certainly we don't do it on the Mac and I've never known that behaviour to exist in 1Password for iOS.

Submit after fill would be as 1Password for Mac behaves. I see this existed in 5.2.1 but only in 1Browser and not in our iOS Safari Extension.

As @bwoodruff has said, it has been removed for now due to compatibility reasons with the brand new filling logic that we're moving to. The new filling logic will hopefully allow us to work better with more sites and react quicker to changes. We've got some really high hopes for it. As with any rewrite, starting from scratch can mean certain features aren't available straight away. We're not saying submit after filling is never to return - I genuinely don't know what our roadmap there is but it can and will be raised as an area where we know the customers would like to see this returned.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@ady, the removal of submit after fill won't be the cause of Login items not filling. The new filling logic is quite different so it could well be worth trying to create a new Login item on your iOS device, something we now support.

The way it works on the Mac is essentially the same. You would fill in all the appropriate fields on the webpage in Safari, then when you use the extension to save the Login it evaluates the page and records everything it sees as important.

Here are a few screenshots on what you would need to do to create a new Login using this process in 1Password for iOS. I'm going to use Facebook as an example as it's the first site that popped into my head (that I don't use).

So here I've prepped the login page with some dummy data and you now want to launch the 1Password extension via the button I've circled.

From there you will select the 1Password extension (see below)

Now this is where you will see the new iOS Safari Extension, what you're looking for is the New Login option under the LOG IN USING section at the top. The option you're looking for is as follows:

At this point you'll see a Login item creation page like you're possibly used to seeing in the main iOS app.

Select the Save button in the top right hand corner and you've just completed a manual save using the new filling logic in 1Password.

Does that Login item work any better for you?

• lklbkr
    lklbkr
    Community Member

So, the new 5.3 update broke autofill.
    Any thoughts?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@lklbkr as there is already a long thread about this I have merged your post with it.

Stephen

• ady
    ady
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

What about logging in through the 1Password browser? I always did that and worked just fine till this update. I already have my username and password and don't want to delete it and create a new login. Now every time I try to login into my bank account, all I get is: Looks like your request didn't go through. Check back in a bit. The same goes for other sites, nothing fills in, or cannot login if I choose to have it automatically inserted. I have to manually type in the web address, and then copy and paste the username and password for it to work.
    www.portal.adp.com does not work either. I can no longer login to the site using the browser within 1Password, it used to have a pop login that was automatically filled and I would be logged in. Now, I just get an: Access Denied error message. Off course, it works just fine with any other browser.

• btcompute
    btcompute
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

Littlebobbytables,

Perhaps there is some confusion about this issue

Prior to ver 5.3, after I saved a username, password, and login URL for a website (IE: Schwab.comn) in 1password, I could then open 1password, select Schwab, and then click on the URL.
    Schwab would then open with my username and password filled in. I would not even have to hit Submit. It would submit automatically.
    This is what many of us are calling auto-fill or auto submit.

You write:
    "Auto fill would be opening a web page and the Login is filled automatically upon page load. We've never done this to the best of my knowledge as this is a security risk. Certainly we don't do it on the Mac and I've never known that behaviour to exist in 1Password for iOS."
    You seem to be saying that what I have described never existed.

I've tried the Safari Extension approach in ver 5.3 and find it cumbersome. Not nearly as quick and easy as the old method.
    Please have the old method brought back.

• lklbkr
    lklbkr
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

Stephen, nevermind. I just saw Ben's post that says that autofill is no longer possible. I guess I should just say, "Bye."

• iphone6
    iphone6
    Community Member

like many said 1pass could auto log in on sites witout hitting submit buton.aftre read some replies from staff members it looks like they didn't know this was possible.yes this was possible and is still possible to auto fill and auto login on mac version .on App store in description is saying it support auto fill and auto login ,so , about what u are talking ?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2015

Prior to ver 5.3, after I saved a username, password, and login URL for a website (IE: Schwab.comn) in 1password, I could then open 1password, select Schwab, and then click on the URL.
    Schwab would then open with my username and password filled in.

This should still happen.

I would not even have to hit Submit. It would submit automatically.

This will not.

Autofill is the part that will still happen, autosubmit was intentionally removed, as it is not compatible with the new brain yet.

Stephen, nevermind. I just saw Ben's post that says that autofill is no longer possible. I guess I should just say, "Bye."

@lklbkr, no, that isn't what I said. :) Please see above. Autofill still works. Autosubmit is on hiatus.

Thanks.

• iphone6
    iphone6
    Community Member

not sure what staff members are talking about , but auto fill + auto submit was always working on IOS before yesterday update and auto fill + auto submit was always working and still work on MAC .not sure why a staff member would say one of these was a security risk,that mean our data was not safe?

i refer to this post
    "Auto fill would be opening a web page and the Login is filled automatically upon page load. We've never done this to the best of my knowledge as this is a security risk. Certainly we don't do it on the Mac and I've never known that behaviour to exist in 1Password for iOS."

This discussion has been closed.