[5.3] Launching app always opens to the Categories tab

noren
noren
Community Member

Prior to upgrading to iOS version 5.3, 1Password opened to the last used screen if it hadn't been released from memory or the favorites tab if it was released and relaunched as a new instance. Now, in version 5.3, no matter what screen is active when the app is closed or how long ago the app was used, the app opens to the root level of the Categories tab.

Is there a way to revert to the old way or at least set a different default tab on launch? Items in the Favorites tab are favorites for a reason and 5.3 introduced a new, extra step before a log in item can be used.

Thanks

1Password Pro 5.3 (503025), iOS 8.2 (12D508), iPhone 6

Comments

• ady
    ady
    Community Member

same here. 5.3 just made this app almost worthless. the removal of the auto-fill makes it impossible to login to almost any website that I access. I'm seriously considering switching to someone else

• Is there a way to revert to the old way or at least set a different default tab on launch? Items in the Favorites tab are favorites for a reason and 5.3 introduced a new, extra step before a log in item can be used.

There is not, but we appreciate the feedback and I'll certainly pass it along to our development team.

same here. 5.3 just made this app almost worthless. the removal of the auto-fill makes it impossible to login to almost any website that I access

To be clear: auto-fill has not been removed. If you're having trouble filling please let us know in a separate thread.

Thanks!

• noren
    noren
    Community Member

@bwoodruff Thanks for the acknowledgement of the new behavior. I hope the development team reconsiders it a future update.

• Hi,

As a member of the dev team, I can assure you that we are considering fully implementing remembering which tab you were last using.

• iphone6
    iphone6
    Community Member

i have same problem and i contacted support also about this,is really annoying .

• noren
    noren
    Community Member

@hayesk Great news! I look forward to it being implemented in a future update!

• Hi @iphone6,

It looks as though Kyle has replied to your email but for the future I'd ask that you please not both send an email and post to the forums with the same question as it causes a duplication of efforts and slows the whole process down. The forums are the best place to get an answer to questions like these, and also make it possible for other folks who have the same question to see the answer (something email does not afford).

Thanks!

ref: NFS-21845-458

• iphone6
    iphone6
    Community Member

didn't got any reply to my email but i understand what u are saying.you are right bwoodruff

• Kyle replied. Could you please check your spam/junk mail folder to be sure it didn't get filtered?

To: [removed]
    Subject: Re: [#NFS-21845-458] auto log in
    Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 12:55 pm

• ady
    ady
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

"As a member of the dev team, I can assure you that we are considering fully implementing remembering which tab you were last using."

So, in other words, you are considering something that was already there but removed with the latest update.

• iphone6
    iphone6
    Community Member

you are right,found the email in SPAM for some reasons. checked as not spam and move it to my inbox.thx for answering to my email.all future problems,questions ,will be posted on forum.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iphone6: No worries! We're here to help either way. The B-man was just making a suggestion based on what will get you (and others!) the answers they're looking for more efficiently. Thanks for your understanding and support! :)

@ady: AutoSubmit was causing too many login issues. It is definitely something we'd love to bring back, but only if we can get it working more reliably for more people.

Releasing this feature 'out into the wild' led to it being used on a vast array of websites that AgileBits staff and beta testers don't have access to personally, and did not work as intended more frequently than was acceptable. A feature that doesn't work much of the time is not a feature we are satisfied with. It's not a decision that was taken lightly, but we've chosen to pull it back and will add it only when we have it working better for everyone. I'm sorry that we don't have better news for the time being, but hopefully one day we will be able to say, "It's back!" with confidence.

This discussion has been closed.