Merging mac with windows

Hi guys,

I've got 1password running on my mac and windows machine and I'm getting rid of the mac. I want to merge the mac keychain with the one on windows. If I copy the 1Password.agilekeychain file from mac to windows how to I import/merge it?

I have version 4.3 on windows.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• @pquill - you can sync your 1Password data between your Mac and Windows PC using Dropbox. We have some great guides explaining how to set up the sync -

• pquill
    pquill
    Community Member

Thanks Laura, is it possible to do this without Dropbox? Or do I have to use Dropbox to merge and then move it offline later? Thanks

• @pyquill - if you want to keep your 1Password data in sync between the Mac and Windows PC, Dropbox is the only option. However if you simply want to move over to the Windows PC, you can just transfer the agilekeychain to your Windows PC and then open that agilekeychain in 1Password on your Windows PC -

• Run 1Password on Windows PC.
    • Click on File > Open 1Password Vault - navigate to the agilekeychain.

I'm not clear on one thing - is all your 1Password data currently on your Mac or do you have some on your Mac and some on your Windows PC ? If you have different 1Password data on both, then you will need to allow the Dropbox sync to merge the data and then you can move the 1Password vault out of Dropbox.

• @pyquill - I need to correct my last statement. Dropbox will not merge in 1Password for Windows. This option is only possible in 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iOS. If you want to merge your 1Password records from your Mac with your 1Password records on your Windows PC, then the best way to do this is to export to 1PIF, transfer the 1PIF file to your Windows PC, run 1Password on Windows PC and import the 1PIF file.

• Please make sure to avoid storing that 1PIF file in any public folders and not use any cloud services, only use a USB drive to transmit the file from the Mac to your PC and securely delete the file after you're happy with the import into the Windows app.

This discussion has been closed.