1password Extension - A Bad Idea

btcompute
btcompute
Community Member

I have tried using your new replacement for the great auto-fill feature.
I don't like it.
The extension method takes many more steps to use.
Auto-fill was much more convenient.
By the way; what happened to the "Show all Logins" button that you advertised as being included in 5.3?
Please bring back auto-fill.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

For a reply to both of your questions please see this AgileBits post.

Edit: as to auto-fill it would be helpful for you to read this AgileBits post and the one immediately following it.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

@btcompute: Unfortunately, AutoSubmit was actually breaking many logins, so we have had to remove it for now, until such time that we can get it working better for everyone. I am sorry for the inconvenience!

Just to clarify, Show All Logins should be available in apps that support the 1Password extension, so that you can access your login information more easily there. We have seen reports that it is still not available in some apps, and a fix is in the works.

Additionally, Show All Logins is not designed to be available on websites, because you wouldn't, for instance, want to fill your Amazon login information on a malicious site posing as Amazon. In cases where you wish to use a website login at multiple URLs, you can add these to the item so that they show up where you want them to.

Again, I apologize for the confusion. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.