FireFox extension - unable to install

Hi

I've got a problem on a reinstall of the 1Password extension on my Firefox browser (36.0.4). I've tried installing the browser through the Windows app (I'm running W8.1 Pro x64, fully updated) and also directly from the agilebits site download link. Both times, I get a message (after allowing the site to ask me to install software) that "the add-on could not be downloaded because of a connection failure on agilebits.com". I have avast antivirus installed; I've disabled the other Firefox add-ons I have.

This is recurrent (i.e. it does not seem to be a temporary unavailability), as I've tried this a few times over the past week or so.

Can anyone help?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• LauraR
    edited March 2015

@FoxFire - Please can you try the tips in the "Troubleshooting > The browser extensions" article (https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows-kb/4/en/topic/cannot-install-extension) in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase, and let us know how it goes.

• networm
    networm
    Community Member

Thanks! Whis this information I could install manually the Beta Version 4.4.0b2 of the firefox extensions for Windows over your direct link, dear LauraR, and it will work correctly! :-))

• networm
    networm
    Community Member

I also use FF 36.0.4, but with Win 7 Prof. 64Bit and now FF-Ext. 4.4.0b2

• @networm - I'm so glad that helped.

• MikeT
    edited April 2015

Hi @networm,

Just to make sure you're aware, there is a known bug with the auto-submit in the beta version of 1Password 4.4.0 extension for Firefox, it won't submit. We'll have that fixed soon.

There shouldn't be any differences between how you install stable or beta version of our 1Password extension.

This might be an issue caused by Avast blocking it from being installed. If you want, I'd suggest temporarily disabling Avast as a test to see if the stable version will be installed. In certain cases, we've heard that the Hardened mode setting in Avast will interfere with 1Password. We're investigating to see what it could be and work with Avast to see if we can make 1Password work in that mode.

• FoxFire
    FoxFire
    Community Member

Hi

I just wanted to say I followed the steps in LauraR's post above and they worked perfectly - thanks for your help!

• On behalf of Laura, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.