Problems with windows version of 1Password

I've been using 1Password for a while now on my Mac at home, and on my iPhone. Works great. Last week, I downloaded the Windows version as a trial. I work on PCs at work, so I was hoping to use it at work. I am on Windows XP. I've noticed that it doesn't seem to work correctly for several sites. The problem appears to be that the password is put in the userid field (and not sure what in the password). I've seen this on Ebay and LinkedIn (that I can recall). I'm considering buying it for Windows but I'm not happy with the way it is working. I have verified that these sites work fine on Mac OSX. I am using Firefox on both platforms.

Thanks

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2011
    There are definitely some Logins that work in 1Password for Mac but not in 1Password for Windows, and there are probably some Logins for which the reverse is true, though I haven't had that experience, myself.

For the couple of sites I've come across where my Mac-created Login didn't work in 1Password for Windows, my strategy has been to create a new Login in 1Password for Windows without replacing the existing one. (See Saving a Login item in the Tutorials section of the user's guide for details.)

Once I had confirmed that the new Login worked in 1Password for Mac, too, I deleted the old one.

If I were to find one that didn't work in 1Password for Mac, I'd have to keep both Logins and choose the one I wanted to use, depending on which OS I was working in.

I hope that helps.
  • ajahn
    ajahn
    Community Member
    Is this something that will be fixed in the future?

thanks
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    ajahn wrote:

Is this something that will be fixed in the future?

I don't know that a 100% fix will ever be possible, but we certainly hope to continue reducing the instances where this is an issue.
This discussion has been closed.