Morgan Stanley cannot fill password on iOS [Fixed in future update]

Options
dapster
dapster
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password in the Browser

The following is merely one of sites for which this product no longer fills passwords: https://www.morganstanleyclientserv.com/Default.aspx

Comments

• dteare
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention, @dapster.

Are you using 1Browser on iOS? If so, this thread discusses the issue:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/38838/logins-not-filling-in-1browser-1password-5-3-for-ios-known-issue

Long story short it is fixed in the next update and we're just waiting for Apple to approve it. In the short term you can use the 1Password extension within Safari as it was not affected by this issue.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if my guess was wrong :)

• dapster
    dapster
    Community Member
    Options

No, I have the same problem when I use the 1Password extension within Safari. In fact, it was only when I experienced said problem, that I then tried the 1Browser with no success. For the record, the foregoing pertains exclusively to iOS. Prior to the most recent update, there was no problem

• dteare
    Options

Thanks for the update, @dapster.

In my testing 1Password filled the username within the Safari extension but did nothing in 1Browser. Does this match what you're seeing as well?

The 5.4 update will make 1Browser behave the same way as Safari (i.e. fill the username) but Morgan Stanley's site is doing some unique things with the password that is breaking us on iOS. We worked around these peculiarities on Mac and Windows but it appears we have more work to do on iOS.

We'll look into this and see if we can find a way to support this site on iOS.

In your original post you mentioned there were other sites that were not working. Assuming they are not working in Safari, please feel free to start a new thread for each of the other sites so we can investigate. If it's just 1Browser that doesn't work, the 5.4 update should help there.

Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

• dapster
    dapster
    Community Member
    Options

Using the Safari extension, I too experienced the filling of the username, but no longer the password. Please note my original post alluded only to a password, not username.

Your interest is very much appreciated.

• dteare
    Options

Awesome! I'm very happy to know that my testing matches what you are experiencing :)

I figured out what the issue was here. When I was testing on Mac I used Chrome and it turns out that Chrome does things much differently than Safari on this site. Once I realized that I was able to determine the root cause of the issue and have fixed it on my local machine.

Version 5.4 is in review already so we cannot add this fix there. This change will fix will therefore need to be included in the subsequent release. I'm not sure when that will be, but at least we know we can expect better filling on Morgan Stanley in the future :)

By the way, I've updated the thread title to make it clear this thread is about Morgan Stanley.

Take care,

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.