Syncing Between iPhones without Using Dropbox?

RichardFairbanks
RichardFairbanks
Community Member
edited April 2015 in iOS

< iPhone 4S and 6 Plus running iOS 8.1.2 and 1Password 5.3 >

Greetings, folks!

I have an independent, Keebox W150NR Wi-Fi router in my home (hooked up via an antenna to a point-to-point wireless Internet tower). Can I use it to sync between two iOS 8 iPhones without having to go through Dropbox or iCloud? I have admin access to the router’s configurations and thus can create any links necessary.

(Also, as a minor aside, Safari doesn’t fill out the router’s “Password” box when I select the saved password via the 1Password extension on the log-in page for the router.)

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Comments

• RichardFairbanks
    RichardFairbanks
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

As a followup: this was supposed to be in the iOS forum, but 1Browser didn’t allow that and put it here for some reason. No way to delete or move posts. Lots of problems getting this to post. Sorry!! (Please move it there, if you are so inclined. Thanks!)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RichardFairbanks,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. Wi-Fi Sync is a great option if you don't wish to sync with Dropbox or iCloud. The one caveat is that Wi-Fi Sync requires 1Password running on a desktop computer (either Mac or Windows).

Now, I don't need to convince you to sync with Dropbox or iCloud, but if you were concerned about the security of doing so, you may be interested to read:

Is it safe to sync my data over the cloud?

Your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so no cloud service ever has access to your decrypted data:

What is end-to-end encryption? How does that protect my data?

Again, I'm not trying to persuade you, but I thought I'd at least share the articles if you were interested in reading them.

(Also, as a minor aside, Safari doesn’t fill out the router’s “Password” box when I select the saved password via the 1Password extension on the log-in page for the router.)

For the filling issue, on which platforms are you having trouble? Just iOS, or others?

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.