I can not open some entries

Philipp
Philipp
Community Member

Hello,
right now I installed the latest update 4.2b11 from Niks newsletter.
Very strange but now I can not open my Dropbox object anymore. If I click on the line for Dropbox (at the favorites or also at the category logins) the line is a short moment blue (same as the other entries) but the window with all details are not open.
So I closed 1P also from the background and logged in with master password again, but it doesn't help.

Comments

• saad
    edited March 2015

Hey Philipp. I'm very sorry you are not able to open your Dropbox login item in 1Password on Android. Were you able to open this item before updating to 4.2b11?

In the list of all of your items, could you tap on the 3 vertical dots on the right of the item title and tap on the copy button (4th icon)? Let me know if you are seeing an error or the message "Copied to clipboard". Thanks.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

Hi Saad,
    also Facebook isn't working. I know it was working in previous versions. But I don't know in which. In the last weeks I have not used FB and DB.

I can't copy to clipboard. I got the german error code:
    Fehler beim Kopieren in die Zwischenablage ([JSONException (No value for n) ])

I hope it will help to find the problem.

• saad
    edited March 2015

Thanks for sharing your findings with us. I'd like to ask you to try to log into 1PasswordAnywhere and see if your Dropbox and FaceBook logins look okay there. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain you're syncing to in Dropbox.

Could you also send us a diagnostic report from your Android device? It will really help us get a better understanding of your Android environment and device settings. Please follow these instructions to create the report and we will take a look into it.

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member
    edited March 2015

If I load the 1Password.html file for 1PasswordAnywhere I get following error code from Google Chrome.
    A problem occurred when loading the "https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/1password/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/encryptionKeys.js" file.

If I click on OK and insert my master key I get following error from Anywhere.
    Problem loading 1Password data file
    A key data file could not be loaded and 1PasswordAnywhere cannot continue without it.
    Please see this help guide for troubleshooting tips.

+++Edit+++
    On Firefox Anywhere is working. So maybe it is a security reason of Chrome why it is not working there.
    +++End+++

Now I am very nervous. Please do not say that my whole database is broken. :-(

On the Mac, and also on iPad it works without problems. But on both I have a line at DB and also at FB (and some other entries I have found also) for conflicts. There I see a second password for this website or other details.

I sent you the report two minutes ago. How can I repair it? Please help me!

• Thanks @Philipp! I received your report and I just replied to you via email. :)

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

Dear Peri,

First: Now I know why Chrome was not working yesterday. It was not a problem of 1Password, but of the referer control addon.

Your information brought me on the right way. Updating of existing logins was not enough. But then I clicked on edit on my Mac and deleted (with the red minus icon on the left) the whole "conflict" part. After a new sync Android app is working again.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

• Aha! That's great news, @Philipp! :)

I'm so happy to hear that you were able to resolve the problem and can now view those items on your Android (even if it wasn't my advice that did the trick)! :lol:

If you have any further problems with 1Password, you know where to find us!

• ChaoticSun
    ChaoticSun
    Community Member

Good morning. I have the same problem where 1Password Beta will not open my Dropbox info. It works for all others (that I've tested), but not Dropbox. Rolling back to non-beta resolves the issue. This just started with the an earlier update. I only noticed it because I had to rebuild my Windows machine at home and needed the password. When I attempt to open 1Password.agilekeychain\1Password.html, I also receive an error message complaining about a problem when loading encryptionKeys.js file. I have tried in both Chrome and Firefox (Windows 8.1). However, if I open it from dropbox.com, it opens correctly. Do you have any suggestions for me to try? I've already removed and re-installed several times. Right now, I'm back to v4.1.6.

• saad
    edited March 2015

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing issues with opening certain items. :( Can you confirm if the Dropbox item contains conflict fields? Do you remember which device you used to add and modify this item in the past?

• ChaoticSun
    ChaoticSun
    Community Member

I don't see any conflict fields listed when I open it on both my Windows PC or my Macbook. It also opens fine in v4.1.6 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone. I only have the problem with the beta version on my phone. I haven't tried the beta version on any of my tablets. I believe I created the records on my computer several versions back (v3).

• Hey @ChaoticSun. I'd just like to clarify a few things here.

First of all, you're syncing between two Androids, a Windows PC, and a Mac, correct? Also, all of your information is fine on all devices except your Android phone, right?

You mentioned using 1PasswordAnywhere to verify whether your data was intact in Dropbox, and got an error message about a missing encryptionKeys.js file--is that issue resolved?

• ChaoticSun
    ChaoticSun
    Community Member

Yes, I sync between multiple computers, OS's, and phone and tablets. It works fine on every device until I upgrade the phone to the latest beta. At that point, it still works on all devices except the phone where dropbox.com will no longer open. When I switch back to non-beta version, it works again.

I think the encryptionKeys.js error is a red herring. I'm able to open fine through other means.

• saad
    edited March 2015

We identified an issue that may be causing this readability problem on the beta version of 1Password. Please keep an eye out on the next beta update and let us know if our fix resolves this issue for you. Thanks.

As for the encryptionKeys.js issue in 1PasswordAnywhere, could you send us a screenshot of the error message? Are you opening the 1Password.html file from http://www.dropbox.com or from your device's local storage?

• The beta update with the fix is now available. Please give it a try and let us know if you're able to access your items.

• ChaoticSun
    ChaoticSun
    Community Member

That fixed the issue for me. Thank you.

• Glad to hear the issue is resolved. Thanks for letting us know.

This discussion has been closed.