1Password is not opening the Keychain

I went to open 1Password which I have syncing with my iPhone via the Dropbox option and I'm getting the "First time splash window" that asks me to create a new or open an existing keychain. I choose the "Open Existing Keychain" option and use the folder selector to my dropbox folder and I get a message.

1Password has encountered a problem.
"C:\filepath here to dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain" is not an Agile Keychain
Dropbox is probably busy syncing your Keychain. Please wait.

Dropbox isn't syncing and there is a folder name.

Cheers,

Sean

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I went to open 1Password which I have syncing with my iPhone via the Dropbox option and I'm getting the "First time splash window" that asks me to create a new or open an existing keychain. I choose the "Open Existing Keychain" option and use the folder selector to my dropbox folder and I get a message.

1Password has encountered a problem.
    "C:\filepath here to dropbox\1Password.agilekeychain" is not an Agile Keychain
    Dropbox is probably busy syncing your Keychain. Please wait.

Dropbox isn't syncing and there is a folder name.

Cheers,

Sean

1Password prompts this error if .\data\default\encryptionKeys.js
    * does not exist, or
    * is empty, or
    * is corrupt

encryptionKeys.js is vital. Without it, 1Password cannot unlock your Keychain.

You might want to consider restoring a recent backup.

• 1Password prompts this error if .\data\default\encryptionKeys.js
    * does not exist, or
    * is empty, or
    * is corrupt

encryptionKeys.js is vital. Without it, 1Password cannot unlock your Keychain.

You might want to consider restoring a recent backup.

Here's a bit more info around this. I have dropbox installed on another PC and had to perform a system restore on machine, which I believe deleted the encryptionKey.js file. I also noticed that the content.js file was deleted at the same time. (By looking at the dropbox web interface for deleted files) I'll restore the encryptionKey.js file and the content.js file to see if that restores 1Password to the correct state.

One note, the dropbox integration is awesome!

Thanks,

Sean
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2011
    Hi, Sean.

If the only file missing was encryptionKeys.js, you might get lucky with a restoration of that file from Dropbox; but contents.js is closely tied to the state of your 1Password data at the moment it was created, so restoring it from Dropbox may not give you complete or even usable data.

Restoring a recent backup, as Stefan suggests, gives you a better chance of ending up with a complete and usable set of data.
  • Actually restoring the two file from the dropbox did the trick. Everything is back to it's previous state. Thanks everyone.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Lucky, indeed! :) I'm glad to hear it worked out for you, Sean.
This discussion has been closed.