Problem capturing and filling login credentials for Mega

Options

Hello,

1Password seems to be having some difficulty saving my login credentials for Mega. I have tried saving my login credentials both manually and when prompted to do so.

Mega: https://mega.co.nz/

I am using 1Password version 4.3.1560 with Firefox version 36.0.4 and 1Password extension 4.3.1

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nickolas,

I haven't tried using the Auto-Save new Logins yet but I have looked into the manual method. What I found is when saved through the extension it does correctly record your email address and password and without alteration it would fill in those same details for me.

What it didn't do was correctly identify the field to label as the username. If I popped into 1Password and edited the item, changing the designation for the login-name field (it was top of the list for me) to that of username then it correctly displayed both the email address as the username and my password. How does this match up with what you've observed already and if you follow what I've done does it work?

I'm including a screenshot of the Login being edited to try and highlight what I'm talking about.

Please let us know how you get along :smile:

• Nickolas
    Nickolas
    Community Member
    Options

When I manually try to save through the extension it saves the username as "Retype Password", everything else appears to be correct, but just to make sure is there an easy way to post all the details without typing each field name and it values manually?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Nickolas,

I apologise, I didn't make myself clear enough in my previous post. My username is 'recorded' as Retype Password too but it has recorded the test email address I supplied and if I use the item to fill it fills in the correct data. It isn't that the extension hasn't recorded the right information, it's just that afterwards it hasn't correctly identified which piece of information recorded should be flagged as your username. Check out my screenshot below for what my test item looks like after saving it.

The way 1Password works is the friendly, visible username and password are connected to certain fields in the web form details section. So instead of flagging the login-name field as the username, it mistakingly identified login-password2. If you follow the steps in my previous post you won't need to do anything else, it will replace Retype Password in the friendly, visible section with your correct username.

Give it a try, I think seeing it will make it easier to understand/believe :smile:

This discussion has been closed.