1password 5 crashes during restore

kimyoshluntz
kimyoshluntz
Community Member

I was having no success in syncing via icloud, so I decided to change BACK to syncing with dropbox.

Unfortunately the iPhone app which had only 239 items overwrote the desktop app which HAD 305 items. Now when I try to restore from a backup set, the 1Password 5 app crashes.

I would like to get my 305 items back.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kimyoshluntz‌

The first thing worth trying is to drag the 1Password application (just the application) to your Trash, reboot your Mac and download a fresh copy of 1Password via the same route you purchased it. Given you talk of iCloud that would indicate you're an Apple Mac App Store (MAS) user so via the App Store application on your Mac. Dragging just the application to your Trash won't touch your vault.

With a fresh copy of 1Password downloaded can you try restoring the backup once more for us please. If it still crashes can you then try the following.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac.

Then attach the entire file to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Once you've sent the Report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• kimyoshluntz
    kimyoshluntz
    Community Member

The remove, reboot, install procedure has fixed the problem. VERY HAPPY NOW. Thanks much. A problem resolved.

• That's great to hear, @kimyoshluntz. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.