Feature Request: Show app's lock status with the 1Password mini icon [Under consideration]

Options
johnny808
johnny808
Community Member
edited October 2014 in Mac

I really enjoy that with 1Password for Windows you can tell at a glance if 1Password is locked or unlocked just by looking at the status of the lock icon in the system tray. In addition to that in Windows there is a sound confirmation when 1Password changes lock state.

Many times, I don't even open the main 1Password app. I do all the launching URLs and pasting credentials from the browser extension button. In Mac OS X, I find myself wondering several times if 1Password mini is still unlocked. There's no sound confirmation when 1Password mini changes to a locked state, in addition I cannot tell if 1Password mini is unlocked just by looking at the 1Password mini icon.

Some visual indication of the locked state, plus a sound confirmation when 1Password mini changes lock state, similar to the Windows version, would be nice.

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @johnny808,

You're not the first person to suggest a feature like this, and personally, I think it could be pretty cool! I've added a vote for you (and me) to the issue in our internal tracker.

ref: OPM-333

• ravettb
    ravettb
    Community Member
    Options

I AGREE!!! The Mini icon should move to horizontal when 1P is unlocked.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ravettb,

Nice idea - I'll let our team know that you'd appreciate something like this. :)

This discussion has been closed.