How do i set up 2 factor authentication in 1password?

Andy567
Andy567
Community Member

I'm using the most up to date version of 1password 4 but can't figure out how to set up 2 factor authentication which i read on the net was now possible? I can't find anything in 1password help or in the manual or forum. Is this available yet at all for google authenticator? And if so, can you point me to where i need to look to figure out how to do this?

Thanks.

Andy

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andy567

That feature was added to 1Password 5 for iOS. If you are still indeed using 1Password 4 for Mac (possibly you're a Mavericks user undecided about Yosemite?) then you should be aware that when we eventually do add TOTOP support to 1Password for Mac it would only be in the latest version, version 5.

If you are running 1Password 5 for iOS though you can use this feature now. Here is our page, Setting up one-time passwords (Pro Feature).

If you have any follow up questions do please ask :smile:

• Andy567
    Andy567
    Community Member

Hi there,

Yes I'm still using OSX 10.9.5. I have heard bad things about Yosemite so i have held off updating until they fix it all.

Thanks for letting me know :)

Andy

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andy567,

I'm glad that we were able to help! If you ever decide to update to Yosemite, there are some great new features waiting for you in 1Password 5. :)

• Andy567
    Andy567
    Community Member

Yep thanks Megan :) I did that night and finally got it working after it froze half way through the install (grin). Now of course 1password times out on the update so I can't update that to try out the new features, I'm still using 4.4.3 LOL :) But at least it works. I hope you do bring in double authentication at some point. Its an ever increasing demand for it these days with joomla and so on and your competitors like last pass I'm told have it now...

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andy567,

Are you still having trouble installing the update for 1Password 5? If so, you can simply get it from our download site. You can delete the 1Password 4 app, and move 1Password 5 to the Applications folder (when deleting version 4, do not use any app cleaning utilities). If you have any trouble with that, please let us know! :)

• Andy567
    Andy567
    Community Member

Awesome thanks :) That works perfectly :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome @Andy567, I'm happy that solved the problem! If you need help with anything else, we're here for you. :)

• Andy CJ Ellis
    Andy CJ Ellis
    Community Member

Apparently 1password has 2 factor authentication set up now :) thats awesome :) but where do i find how to add it to a login?

• Andy CJ Ellis
    Andy CJ Ellis
    Community Member

Never mind, i found it :) its at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZyb-ArMK9g if anyone else is looking :) Thanks guys, this is a BIG help :-)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Andy CJ Ellis ,

I'm so glad you found our video tutorial! There's also a written article in our User Guides: Setting up TOTP (Time-Based One-Time Passwords) in 1Password for Mac.

If you have any further questions, we're here for you.

This discussion has been closed.