Oracle "SSO", or "single sign on", with 1password plugin enabled, I can't use default "return"?

Options
mtrcycllvr
mtrcycllvr
Community Member

Greetings!

I work with Oracle Corp and they, of course, are big on running Oracle on Oracle. Part of this is the "Single Sign On" product that manages credentials across the enterprise.

This is going to sound stupid, but I do NOT USE 1password to store that login..

What I do do is let the well known username/credentials fly out of my finger tips, tab, passwd, RETURN. Wait - that didn't work just now, why not? I can't tab to the "login" button and use space or hit return and have it accepted as the default action.

I have to STOP, pick up the mouse, and click on something.. Sort of the same reason I don't much care if 1Password has the login or not - I don't WANT to touch my mouse, thanks..

I thought "THEY" made some sort of silly update, but that is NOT the case. I consulted an internal company alias and I'm not the only one having the issue - and someone else suggested it worked when they disabled the 1password safari plug in.

That works for me, too..

So, it APPEARS that something in the safari 1password plugin doesn't play well with Oracle's SSO product.

I am using OS-X 10.8.5, problem reported with 1password 5 and 10.10 as well, so it appears pretty global.

The version of 1password I am personally using is:
1Password 4
Version 4.4.3 (443000)
Agile Web Store

Does anyone have any suggestions on what other information I might need to gather?

Because I'm referring to an internal network at a fortune 500 company, not much I can do to "share a url" with you..

Thanks for any suggestions or help!

Sincerely,

-ET-

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mtrcycllvr,

So just to summarise,

You have a login page for this Single Sign on service and when you visit the page in Safari if our extension is enabled tabbing between fields is broken and you've noticed it on this page only.

Would that be a correct assessment of the situation?

There are a couple of questions I'd like to ask.

1. Can you confirm that you're running version 4.3.1 of our 1Password Safari Extension please. You can do this by selecting our extension from the list of installed extensions in the Extensions tab of Safari's preferences.
    2. As you initially thought this was some sort of silly update I'm guessing that it was working at one point and then stopped. Is it a recent change at all, say in the last three or so weeks?
    3. Googling "Oracle Single Sign On" I came across the following page, https://iprojects-portal.oracle.com/ if you click on the Sign In button you're taken to the domain https://login.oracle.com. Now does that look like the page you're having trouble with and does tabbing not work there too for you? If tabbing is broken there for you then we manage to avoid the whole sharing a URL bit that we understand you can't do (and we no doubt could't access even if you did).

Now if your answer for 2. is yes, it was a couple of weeks ago and you are currently running version 4.3.1 of the extension there is something you could test for us.

1. Uninstall the 1Password Browser Extension from Safari.
    2. Temporarily disable Install Updates Automatically for the extensions. It's in the Updates option at the bottom of the Extension list which is in the Extensions tab of Safari's preferences.
    3. Reboot your Mac.

You would be in a position to download this slightly older version of our extension. That link is for version 4.2.5 of our Safari extension and I'm curious to know if it also displayed the same issue or not. If it turns out 4.3.1 is blocking something but 4.2.5 works then that tells us something. It could also mean there is a temporary solution while we figure out what is going on although the downside is it would mean your extensions aren't being automatically updated.

Hopefully we can get this sorted out and allow you to keep the current version of the extension enabled :smile:

• mtrcycllvr
    mtrcycllvr
    Community Member
    Options

Hello!

1) yes, confirmed I am using 4.3.1

2) Can't say - sorry.. Just started some time recently - not clear when, but within the last month.

3) yes, this appears to be an external facing example of exactly the page I'm referring to.

3b) You're misstaking my issue, it's not with tabbing, it's with the DEFAULT ACTION. In this case, a RETURN anywhere will cause a "SUBMIT" unless I have the 1password extension enabled. If I do, nothing happens. Even it I try to tab around. I have to point and click to get the default action to initiate.

I'm sorry I posed the issue poorly.

I should be able to **type (username), tab, type (password), return **in that exact sequence. The part that fails is the "RETURN" at the end.

Sure, I'd be happy to load an earlier plug in. I see you provided a link... Give me a few moments to test that for you..

Sincerely,

-ET-

• mtrcycllvr
    mtrcycllvr
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Again!

Okay, the 1password extension you linked me to, 4.2.5, works fine.. I can use EITHER manual credentials (and a default carriage return works as it should) or a 1password entry.

I shifted BACK to 4.3.1 and the problem of masking the return to initiate the pages default action has returned. I can also confirm that an automatic entry also works, but sometimes it's just quicker to type than to pick up the mouse, you know?

Thanks so much for your time!

Sincerely,

-ET-

• ckp
    ckp
    Community Member
    Options

The 4.2.5 extension also solved my problem! Thanks!

• dfelicia
    dfelicia
    Community Member
    Options

Worked for me, too. Any ETA on a fix, even in beta channel?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

@ckp: I'm glad to hear that will serve as a workaround for you for the time being. Cheers! :)

@dfelicia: We don't have an ETA currently. The development team is working on tracking this down to get it fixed for us. Unfortunately it is working normally for most folks, so it isn't immediately obvious why some are experiencing this issue. Thanks for your patience and willingness to work with us on this!

This discussion has been closed.