Chrome Extension for 1password Windows

Hi there..

I cant find the 1password Windows Google chrome extension any where - pls help :-D

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Diddan, welcome to the forum!

Please see "Setting Up Browser Extensions" in the Getting Started section and Where is the 1P button in my browser? in the FAQ section of the user's guide.

Let us know if those articles don't answer the question.
  • Hi,

I'm a new 1password user, and I'm having trouble to use the Chrome extention.

• I am having the same exact issue with the same exact versions of both Chrome and 1Password. I had 1Password and Chrome living in harmony and last night I reloaded my system and now 1Password seems to not want to enable the Chrome extension. I understand from some Googlin' that maybe this is my own fault - 1Password only officially works with Chrome 7 and 8?

Anyway, I went to oldapps.com and I'm trying to snag an older version of Chrome, because I can't live without 1Password.

And yes, I tried uninstalling 1Password and Chrome and reinstalling - I've done this several, several times now.

Rsekkel wrote:

Hi,

I'm a new 1password user, and I'm having trouble to use the Chrome extention.

• Same problem. Just bought & installed 1password. Google Chrome browser 9.0.597.98 chrome.exe is located but check box grayed out. No evidence of extension either on Chrome toolbar next to wrench or elsewhere. IE extension installed automatically.

1password version 1.0.4.172

Thanks.
  • And the weird thing is that when I wiped my machine and reloaded last night, I was pretty sure I had the latest version of Chrome installed. And it was working fine. And has been working fine since I bought 1Password last month.

So, when I reloaded and it didn't work I was quite surprised.

Also of interest, when I open 1Password and go to Preferences -> Addons the Google Chrome box is *clickable* for like half a second, and then it switches to grey.

Really strange.

If you can fix this or tell me how to fix it or what I can do I will be in your debt forever because I'm seriously going through withdrawal.

Tom R wrote:

Same problem. Just bought & installed 1password. Google Chrome browser 9.0.597.98 chrome.exe is located but check box grayed out. No evidence of extension either on Chrome toolbar next to wrench or elsewhere. IE extension installed automatically.

1password version 1.0.4.172

Thanks.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2011
    kbanas and Tom R, welcome to the forum!

I'm seeing the Chrome extension inaccessible on the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences, too. The extension is enabled, but I can't toggle the setting—as you've described, it's accessible for a split second, and then it's not. I'll ask the developer why that happens.

In trying to understand it, I noticed something that might help you get the Chrome extension working.

In Chrome, I saw that I'm using version 9.0.597.98:

1.png

...but 1Password reported that I'm using version 9.0.597.94:

2.png

I clicked the Browse button and, sure enough, there were two subfolders:

3.png

So, I crossed my fingers and deleted the .94 subfolder, because it didn't match my current Chrome version:

4.png

Then I uninstalled 1Password, downloaded the latest version (http://agile.ws/downloads), installed it, launched 1Password, and checked the Browsers tab of 1Password preferences again:

5.png

As you can see, the Chrome extension option is still inaccessible, but at least it shows the correct version. Even better, the extension seems to be working correctly! :)

I'll ask the developer to help me understand why the option is disabled, and one of us will post an answer here.

In the meantime, I hope this helps you get the extension working for you, too.

Please let us know how it goes!
  • kbanas
    edited February 2011
    Interestingly, my Preferences pane in 1Password shows "Google Chrome 9.0.597.98" - which is the correct version.

This is a fresh Windows installation, so I installed Chrome for the first time last night.

Well, I'm glad others are experiencing the same issue. Misery loves company! :) Thanks for the fast response.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2011
    There's definitely something odd about the Chrome extension being inaccessible; of course, it's worse that the extension is disabled for you, kbanas.

Can you post a screen shot of what you see when you view the chrome://extensions/ page in Chrome? (Obscure any confidential info, of course—I'm just curious about 1Password-related stuff.)
  • MikeT
    edited February 2011
    Hi guys,

If you already have the 1Password extension installed in Chrome and it is not working, please try the following: first, make sure you’re running the latest version of 1Password (1.0.4). After that, If 1Password doesn’t show up in Chrome:
    1. Open Chrome, go to chrome://extensions (enter this in the address bar) and press the uninstall button under the 1Password extension
    2. Close Chrome, open 1Password, unlock and select the Preferences button on the toolbar.
    3. Go to the Browsers section, you should see the extension appears to get reinstalled but it’ll still appear to be grayed out.
    4. Try to open Chrome and see if that works now
    Please let me know how it turns out.
  • Tom R
    edited February 2011
    I'm so newbie that I don't understand this.

The problem is that 1password doesn't show up in Chrome. If I go to Chrome://extensions there's no 1password among the extensions. Since the extension doesn't install, it doesn't appear to get reinstalled. In 1password/browsers, it's there, grayed out, exactly as it's been since the beginning.

I don't always feel this dumb.

- Tom R

MikeT wrote:

Hi guys,

First, make sure you’re running the latest version of 1Password (1.0.4). After that, If 1Password doesn’t show up in Chrome:
    1. Open Chrome, go to [url="chrome://extensions"]chrome://extensions[/url] (enter this in the address bar) and press the uninstall button under the 1Password extension
    2. Close Chrome, open 1Password, unlock and select the Preferences button on the toolbar.
    3. Go to the Browsers section, you should see the extension appears to get reinstalled but it’ll still appear to be grayed out.
    4. Try to open Chrome and see if that works now
    Please let me know how it turns out.
  • MikeT
    edited February 2011
    Hi Tom,

I’m sorry I should have explained more clearly, it’s for the people who have 1Password extension already installed in Chrome and it wasn’t working. I updated my post to reflect this.

This is a bug, we haven’t narrowed it down yet. We’re investigating this right now.
  • Oh, thanks Mike. I'm redeemed. Still stuck in the gray zone, though.

- Tom R

MikeT wrote:

Hi Tom,

I’m sorry I should have explained more clearly, it’s for the people who have 1Password extension already installed in Chrome and it wasn’t working. I updated my post to reflect this.
  • DBrown wrote:

There's definitely something odd about the Chrome extension being inaccessible; of course, it's worse that the extension is disabled for you, kbanas.

Can you post a screen shot of what you see when you view the chrome://extensions/ page in Chrome? (Obscure any confidential info, of course—I'm just curious about 1Password-related stuff.)

Yeah, unfortunately my extensions page lists nothing 1Password related. :\

Google Chrome to Phone Extension - Version: 2.1.3 and Google Mail Checker - Version: 3.1 are the only two extensions that are installed on my system and the only two that show up there. If you still want me to post a screenshot, or if I can contribute any other useful information of any kind, please let me know. I work in IT so even if it's somewhat involved that's fine with me.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Tom R and kbanas,

If you open the C:\\Program Files\1Password folder, do you see a Chrome subfolder?

If so, what are its contents?
  • Hello,

Same thing here.

The chrome://extensions shows nothing about 1password extension.
    There's a chrome folder inside 1password folder:

• Eric O
    edited February 2011
    Just wanted to pipe in to say that I'm encountering the same thing. Same version of Chrome & same version of 1Password for Windows. I'm attaching a screenshot showing my 1Password\Chrome directory if it helps.

Rsekkel wrote:

Hello,

Same thing here.

The chrome://extensions shows nothing about 1password extension.
    There's a chrome folder inside 1password folder:

• Same issue. Chrome will not allow its checkbox to be selected.

Win7 SP1 - Clean install
    Chrome - 9.0.597.98
    1Password - 1.0.4.172

Definitely a bug with selecting chrome. It knows it's there, just won't allow you to select the checkbox.
  • DBrown wrote:

Tom R and kbanas,

If you open the C:\\Program Files\1Password folder, do you see a Chrome subfolder?

If so, what are its contents?

That path does exist.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the contents.
  • Away for a bit. Thanks for the comments & questions.

I compared with DBrown's thumbnail of the 1password/chrome directory. My directory is identical right down to the file sizes.

- Tom R

kbanas wrote:

That path does exist.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the contents.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks, all. There's definitely something wrong. I've reported it to the developer, and one of us will respond here soon.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    1.0.4.173 should fix this
  • Hi guys,

The new update (1.0.4.173) is available now, you can update by opening 1Password and going to Help > Check for New Update.

Please let us know if it fixed your issue. Thanks!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2011
    You can also click the Check Now button on the Updates tab of 1Password preferences.
  • The update worked instantly and completely. Thank you.

- Tom R

MikeT wrote:

Hi guys,

The new update (1.0.4.173) is available now, you can update by opening 1Password and going to Help > Check for New Update.

Please let us know if it fixed your issue. Thanks!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2011
    We're glad to hear that, Tom R, and glad to help! Thanks for updating the thread.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Celerity, I moved your post to the 1Password for Google Chrome support forum. You can see it here:
  • kbanas
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for fixing this so quickly. And on a weekend, too!

Thanks again.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Sounds like everything's working, now, kbanas, and that's good news. We're glad to help!
  • After watching so many posts about this subject over the weekend, I was expecting to get a fix or at least an official post about this problem on Monday - but it didn't happen. Is there a way to open a support ticket ?

Regards,

Ronald
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Ronald, I'm a little confused—It sounded like the fix that Mike mentioned above had solved the problem. Did it not work for you?

As for opening a ticket, that happens automatically when you send e-mail to us at support@agile.ws.
This discussion has been closed.