Transfer a 1PW license from Mac to Windows - help please...

cameronhills
cameronhills
Community Member

I bought my 1PW 5 for Mac license as part of a Parallels upgrade bundle. It all works fine on the Mac and the Android. I sync with DB. Now I need to add a license to a new Win7 1PW install but copying and pasting the number from my agilebits email does not work. I get a message saying I need a new Windows license number. Why is this so hard...?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cameronhills,

I'm sorry this has been difficult for you! 1Password is licensed per user, per platform. The Parallels bundle you purchased included a license for the Mac version of 1Password. That allows you to use 1Password on all your Macs. If you also want to use 1Password on Windows computers, you'll need to purchase a license for the Windows version of 1Password. You can find more information about how our licenses work here.

Since you already have a license for the Mac version, you can get a great discount on a license for the Windows version! Just click this link and enter your license code to see your discount and license options.

Hopefully this helps to clear up the confusion, but if you have more questions about that, please let us know - we're always happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.