Possibly unrelated to 1Password but Samsung has made a deal with Microsoft

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

The new Galaxy S6 phone will ship with Microsoft apps instead of their own TouchWiz apps. OneDrive is the default cloud storage. How well will 1Password work in this scenario? 1Password + OneDrive sync.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Absolutely none. It will still be Android. All they're doing is not installing their usual bloatware and installing a few Microsoft sourced Android apps as default.

If 1Password can't use OneDrive sync now then this deal won't make it any easier.

• Hey @wkleem. :) Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I've been holding out for the Galaxy S6, so I'm pretty excited about its upcoming release. I did read that Samsung is rumored to be teaming up with Microsoft, meaning that certain Microsoft apps will come preloaded on the S6 instead of the usual third-party apps. However, this isn't going to be an exclusive partnership. I do believe that users will still be able to install all of the usual Android apps onto the device, including Dropbox, which 1Password currently supports.

That said, we do have a large number of customers who use OneDrive, and that number is likely to grow once the S6 comes out (assuming that the rumors are true). Our developers are currently considering adding support for sync solutions other than Dropbox, and OneDrive is one of them. That isn't to say that we will definitely offer built-in support for OneDrive, but it is something we're considering and tracking feedback for.

If OneDrive sync support is something you'd really like to see, please let me know and I'll be happy to add your vote!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

That said, we do have a large number of customers who use OneDrive, and that number is likely to grow once the S6 comes out (assuming that the rumors are true). Our developers are currently considering adding support for sync solutions other than Dropbox, and OneDrive is one of them. That isn't to say that we will definitely offer built-in support for OneDrive, but it is something we're considering and tracking feedback for.

If OneDrive sync support is something you'd really like to see, please let me know and I'll be happy to add your vote!

+1

Hi peri,

While I don't use Android presently, the Galaxy S6 or the next Galaxy Note is the first Android phone I'm tempted to get.

• Thanks for the feedback, @wkleem. I'm adding your vote for OneDrive! :)

• juliom510
    juliom510
    Community Member
    Options

Please add my vote for that, I'm a student and OneDrive is a lot more convenient to me than DropBox with all the Microsoft Apps and loads of space for less.

• saad
    Options

I will add your vote. Thanks so much for your feedback. :+1:

• adityatriv
    adityatriv
    Community Member
    Options

Add my vote too!

• peri
    Options

Thanks @adityatriv! I've added your vote. :)

This discussion has been closed.