How to mask / unmask passwords on ipad

bereid
bereid
Community Member
I have installed 1Password for my dad on his iPad and Windows PC, and am trying to [remotely] answer some questions he has raised. Since I don't have an iPad, and can't view his screen remotely, it's somewhat difficult. One question he asked, that would seem easy to find answers for online is proving difficult. I have searched and searched (including this forum, and the Agile online 'user guide') for instructions to show and hide passwords on the iPad. I have searched for keywords hide, show, mask, unmask, etc., and have not found ANY information - very surprising.

Can someone please advise me what to have my dad do to reveal the masked passwords in his iPad version of 1Password?

Thanks very much,
Bruce

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited January 2011
    bereid wrote:

Can someone please advise me what to have my dad do to reveal the masked passwords in his iPad version of 1Password?
    Bruce

Hi Bruce

Please tell him we welcome him to the 1P family and congrats on the iPad

Now to answer your question. Simply press your finger over the top of the concealed password (press lightly directly on top of the dots) a pop up will appear that says copy or reveal. Press the desired portion of the pop up. Copy should be on the left of the pop up and Reveal on the right

Edit:

Now this is true if you always have them concealed which I/we do here at home. I recommend this to everyone

However if you press the settings button on the left hand side of the iPad at the bottom (inside the 1P app), you will see it open a screen the first option is Conceal password. I would assume it is defaulted on. But as I said I would recommend you turn it on and then use the reveal option above to make sure passwords are not inadvertently displayed.

Also tell him that once he presses the reveal option and moves to another section or another entry the password is concealed again.

I hope this helps let us know if you have any other questions.
This discussion has been closed.