How much will 1Password cost me?

DouginNC
DouginNC
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Lounge

I'm considering switching from Splash ID to 1 Password. I have three devices that I want to sync (Mac, iPad, iPhone). How much will it cost me per year to run 1 Password on the three systems (sharing the same database)?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@DouginNC: Good question! For more detailed information, be sure to check out our licensing FAQ. I hope you don't mind, but I moved this thread since it's a general licensing question.

But the short answer is that you'd need to purchase 1Password for Mac (about 50$) and 1Password for iOS (free, with an in-app purchase for pro features) -- so long as you're using the same App Store account, a single purchase will suffice.

If you want to use iCloud Sync between your devices, be sure to purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store, as Apple does not allow non-MAS apps to use iCloud. And check out the Splash ID import guide to transfer your data on your Mac.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions! :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

All these costs are one-time, not per year.

Only extra costs would be for upgrades when a new version comes out. Even then, the upgrade might be free, and you can continue with an old version unless an OS upgrade breaks it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@danco: Thanks for adding that! I meant to address that in my last post, but I'm afraid it slipped my mind.

A purchase of a 1Password license never expires, and entitles you to use that version on as many devices that you like (and family members living in the same household -- although only if you're all using the same account, in the case of the app stores). :)

• wired0ne
    wired0ne
    Community Member

and... it's worthwhile to note that you will receive a credit card surcharge from Canada if you purchase.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@wired0ne: Thanks for bringing that up! I am always hesitant to, since it depends entirely on your bank (or credit card company).

We charge in U.S. Dollars, and the only fee we ourselves charge would be sales tax if you're in Canada as well. And again, this would only apply if you purchase directly from AgileBits, rather than the App Store(s).

You can find more information in the currency and tax FAQ in our knowledgebase, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.