Feature request: Search from anywhere in the app

guillaumeserton
guillaumeserton
Community Member

Hello,

As we are in the Beta forum, i duplicate this thread here (source : https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/194900#Comment_194900).

Dev team, do you have a potential ETA for this feature?
I just update to the latest beta 4.2.1b2 and it's not yet here. It's a real missing feature.

Comments

• Hey @Spinacle. :) Thanks for the feeback.

You're right--this feature did not make it into our latest release candidate beta. However, this is something quite often requested by our users, and while we can't make any promises, we would love to be able to improve search in the near future.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@peri @mverde @saad, this is getting a little ridiculous. This is a really simple change that has been requested time and again over a period of a year. Implementing it would give a huge useability increase and increase customer satisfaction greatly.

I really think it's time for some actual information from you on what is going on here.

• @RichardPayne I appreciate that it can be frustrating to not know when a feature or improvement is going to be implemented, particularly when it is a feature that you are eagerly awaiting. In general though, we don't publicly discuss our development plans until we have something specific to announce.

That being said, I am happy to say that we do have something to announce in this regard. We are currently finishing up development of some improvements that will help provide quicker access to search. These improvements will be available in an upcoming beta update.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

I understand your general policy, especially when it comes to major enhancements where the scope for things going wrong is large but this is such a small thing that is unfathomable why it's taking so long.

Still, good to hear there's something coming Soon(tm).

• Thanks for the input, RichardPayne. I'm quite looking forward to this update myself. :)

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

Any idea, in which coming updated version this feature will be?

• No timeframe yet. But the development team has been discussing this topic quite frequently. Hoping this feature is not too far away! :)

This discussion has been closed.