Can't load vault from 1Password for Windows (desktop)

PittaMan
PittaMan
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I was able to install the Alpha ok, but when I point it to a copy of my vault stored locally it simply doesn't work. I get dumped to the vault settings page and there is an error with the location chosen. Its the same location as the 1Password 4 install is using for the vault.

Comments

• Hi @PittaMan,

Let me try and help with that issue. What error message do you see?

There are 2 things to note here:

1. we support OPVault format only, see here for details https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/198498/#Comment_198498
    2. opvault appears as a folder inside Windows Folder Picker. There is "default" vault inside and it must be ignored. You need to point to folder which name ends with .opvault.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@PittaMan, are you trying to open the .agilekeychain folder typically used by 1Password for Windows?

If so, note that 1Password for Windows Modern uses only the .opvault format.

To use .opvault in 1Password for Windows, export all items to 1PIF, create a new vault (using .opvault format), open the new vault, and import the 1PIF file.

Be sure to delete the 1PIF file securely!

Caution: Because of a known problem with 1Password for Windows, some items may not make the transition from .agilekeychain through 1PIF to .opvault, so do not discard or stop using your .agilekeychain folder in 1Password for Windows! We apologize for the inconvenience.

• PittaMan
    PittaMan
    Community Member

Interesting - I'll try that. Will this new vault package be useable with the apps on Windows Phone, iOS, and OS X?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

As I understand it, 1Password for iOS, Mac, and Windows, but not 1Password for Android, can sync to the .opvault format.

This discussion has been closed.