Multi-Page Login Not Working for Bank

I'm trying to create my very first Login Item to Bank of America, and it's not working. Your instructions at How to create multi-page Logins say, "To begin the process, enter your username and answer any secret questions, press Return, and the Save to 1Password bar should appear at the top of your browser." But when I do this by entering my user ID and clicking the site's Sign In button, I'm taken to the Site Key Confirmation screen. The 1Password Save Login bar doesn't appear as your instructions say it should. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, rf57. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

To begin with, if you have already saved an Online ID on the Bank of America site, you will want to clear it out using this link:

Remove saved Online IDs from Bank of America

Next, please try saving each step of the login process manually like this:

1. Enter your information for each page, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. It also helps if 1Password is not detecting a login and thus not prompting to autosave. (This is the case on some username-only pages like the first page of the Bank of America login process.)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Thanks, Khad. That appeared to work. May I ask one additional, minor question? Now that I have a bank login item, can I change the graphic in the middle "_ items by Title" column in the main 1Password window so that my bank item just shows the bank's graphic by itself rather than showing a globe with a very small version of the bank's graphic over the lower right corner of the globe (similar to the way the icons are displayed for the various sample Login items)?

Thanks again.

Robert

khad wrote:

Welcome to the forums, rf57. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

To begin with, if you have already saved an Online ID on the Bank of America site, you will want to clear it out using this link:

Remove saved Online IDs from Bank of America

Next, please try saving each step of the login process manually like this:

1. Enter your information for each page, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and choose Save Login.
    3. Set the Action field to Create New Login (or to Replace <login-name>, to update an existing Login item).
    4. Click the Save button.

Manually saving a login can be useful for logins that are either problematic to begin with or were once working but have since stopped. Doing this allows 1Password to refresh everything it "knows" about the page. Login pages often change as websites are updated and this can be a necessary but very useful tip. It also helps if 1Password is not detecting a login and thus not prompting to autosave. (This is the case on some username-only pages like the first page of the Bank of America login process.)

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2011
    Robert,

I am glad that my suggestion worked well for you. That is good news!

For more information on the icons displayed in the list of logins, please see this other thread. I would be happy to answer any further questions about favicons or apple-touch-icons in that thread. :-)

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.