1Password 3.9.20 for Mac OSX 10.6.1

I downloaded after some searching the file 1Password 3.9.20 for Mac OSX 10.6.1 Snow Leopard. When i double clicked in the Downloads folder to install, 1Password 4 was listed. Now I don't know what to do because that is probably for 10.7. My mac is 8 years old and still going well with a new motherboard. I can't upgrade because my software will be lost, and probably other problems too. But I have so many websites with passwords, I need to make a move for safety. What do you suggest?

Comments

• sucern
    sucern
    Community Member

I have OS 10.6.8 and wish to download 1Password

• sucern
    sucern
    Community Member

I downloaded from a place called Legacy on the 1Password downloads page at agilebits, but it wouldn't open in zipeg. It said it wasn't there.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2015

Hi @sucern,

It sounds like you're getting the download from the right place: the Legacy section at the bottom of our downloads page.

Sometimes third-party unzip tools don't play well with our software. Can you please let us know what happens when you try opening it without using Zipeg, just using your computer's built-in Archive Utility? Thanks!

• sucern
    sucern
    Community Member

I'm commenting on my post above. After i posted this I saw a key icon in Safari in the address bar, with a notification on it. I clicked on that and a window opened that said 1Password, enter a master password. I did that, and it started to run some numbers. It is now up in the thousands. I wonder how long that will run and what exactly it is counting. Perhaps what is in the history of Safari? Now that I have started to write this comment apparently the number 1 in a red circle is still up there, as a notification, but when I clicked on it the second time it said to enter the master password to unlock. I'll see if it continues where it left off. No, it went back to one. And while the numbers are running (it says "connecting") If I hit the return key it starts again at 1. When I write over here it re-starts. I am beginning to think that there is no support on 1Password and I was fooled that there is really no 3.9.20. Every time I ask a question in the knowledge base I am referred to Apple, or Agilebits or doing a round robin with version 4 or 5, although I have downloaded the 3.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@sucern: Sorry for the confusion! What you describe with the extension in Safari, well...normally this counts to maybe 5 or 10. The extension is trying to 'sync' with 1Password, but in your case it just gets stuck trying indefinitely since 1Password isn't there for it to connect to -- at least not the correct version.

Every time I ask a question in the knowledge base I am referred to Apple

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you could elaborate, it would be appreciated!

doing a round robin with version 4 or 5, although I have downloaded the 3.

Our new knowledgebase is for the current versions of 1Password, and since development on 1Password 3 has ended there isn't a lot of information there on that version. But you can definitely check out our older guides for plenty of good stuff on 1Password 3! :+1:

So, to get back to your original issue, it sounds like you have 1Password 3 from the Mac App Store. Because we've since released at least two major updates (depending on how you count) which are not compatible with Snow Leopard, the best thing to do would be to use the latest version of 1Password 3 (version 3.8.22 to be precise) from our website (at the bottom of the page) instead.

But first, you'll need a license for it. Email us at support+licenses at agilebits dot com and include a copy of your Mac App Store receipt and we will get you set up with one! Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. Then we can go from there to get you back up and running. We will get this sorted out for you! :)

• sucern
    sucern
    Community Member

Hi And thank you, Agilebits for writing. Two important things, to respond: I didn't get 1Password from the Mac store. I didn't pay for it. I downloaded it, I thought, for free, but what I just deleted from my computer was a zip for Knox. I have to get this off my computer immediately because even though I didn't unzip it, it, or something else, is giving me a login window from 1Password which interferes with my logging in normally with my regular made up password to websites, even this one. I was grateful be be able to get in here because I clicked the x on that little window with the lock in it. Whatever is sitting on my computer is not actually in operation because the password I made for a master password doesn't even work with that. It just says connecting and then it doesn't connect. Secondly, I looked at your website with the link you gave me, and 3.8.22 doesn't seem to be listed there. Only for Yosemite and later versions. I am not going to check out your older guides because I always end up doing the wrong thing. Please help me clean what I have off the computer and send me the direct download link for your 1Password 3, and the place to purchase and license.

• sucern
    sucern
    Community Member

I removed the extension called 1Password. I think it is off my computer now and I await instructions to download 1Password 3 from Agilebits. I will email you at support+licenses at Agilebits.com for 3.8.22

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sucern: I just wanted to let you know that we've received your email and will be responding shortly, so we can continue the conversation there to get you up-and-running. :)

ref: DVQ-65822-911

This discussion has been closed.