Search Text Field Not Deactivating

Options
jbasilio
jbasilio
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When searching, logins for example, after entering text and hitting enter the keyboard goes away, but the search field remains active. Tapping the search field again will not bring up the keyboard. Tapping any dead space deactivates the text field then tapping the search field brings up the keyboard.

Search field should deactivate once an input is entered.

Lumia 1020 OS: 8.10.14157.200

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @jbasilio, I'll add this to the to-do list

• hideftv
    hideftv
    Community Member
    Options

It turns out the search field "magnifying glass" icon is an ON/OFF button. Click for search. Click again to close the search dialog box.

• jbasilio
    jbasilio
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

@mohamedosman awesome!

@hideftv Yeah, it took me a second to realize the magnifying glass icon is an on/off toggle. I'm referencing the the input box up top. Once you hit enter after your typed search the input box up top remains active. So let's say the correct term wasn't searched, the user needs to tap somewhere on the screen first, then the input box again before they can alter their search.

Typing query

User hits enter, text field still highlighted (active). Tapping text field again does not bring up keyboard.

User taps non-selectable space on screen, text field returns to non-highlighted sate (inactive).

Tap text field again to bring up keyboard.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood, @jbasilio. I think @hideftv may have been offering that info to show that tapping the search icon again is another way of bringing back the on-screen keyboard.

This discussion has been closed.