How to redeem 1Password after hard drive crashed?

fkeske
fkeske
Community Member

Hello folks, unfortunately my hard drive crashed and now I need to reinstall 1Password. Since I bought the version 3.9.3 back in 2012 on iTunes, I can't get it back via the App Store.

I am using Yosemite 10.10.3 and in the past I did one upgrade, as far as I can remember, so I am not sure, whether I was on 5.3. 1Password. Luckily my data is safe on my iPad and iPhone.

Looking forward to any suggestions.
Cheers Frank

Comments

• RunInCircles
    RunInCircles
    Community Member

Time Machine backup?

• fkeske
    fkeske
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately there is no backup - but of course in the future there will be one. Isn't there a possibility to download the app again and then activate it?! I do have the receipt from iTunes.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fkeske,

If you purchased 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, you should be able to reinstall it from there. Simply launch the Mac App Store, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID you used to make the purchase, and go to the Purchases section. That should show 1Password, with an Install button.

Does that help? Please let us know if you're still having trouble with that, thanks!

• fkeske
    fkeske
    Community Member

Hello Drew-AG, Thanks for your reply. As mentioned above, I did download it on iTunes back in 2012. The app will not be displayed in the Mac App Store. I guess I can download the test version from your website, but how can I then activate the app? Thanks in advance for your help! If you need the purchase number from the confirmation, please let me know.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fkeske ,

Just to clarify here: did you purchase the iOS version of 1Password from iTunes, or the Mac version of 1Password from the Mac App Store? 1Password is a separate purchase for each platform that you wish to use it on.

As Drew mentions above, if you did purchase 1Password for Mac from the Mac App Store, you'll need to be signed in to the App Store with the same AppleID as you made the original purchase. If you do have the purchase information handy, that could help us to figure out where things are getting tangled. You can email in to support+licenses@agilebits.com with the receipt. When you receive your automated reply from our BitBot assistant, please pop back here and let us know the support ID so that we can track your email and ensure it gets answered quickly.

• fkeske
    fkeske
    Community Member

Hey Megan, Also thanks for your reply. As now mentioned for the third time, I purchased the desktop version of 1Password via iTunes and not the Mac App Store. I am aware that if I would have purchased it via the Mac App Store I could retrieve it there. But no way.

I will send the receipt of both my purchases, the one for iOS and the other one for my desktop. Hopefully we can sort it out.

In any way thanks for your great support!!!

• fkeske
    fkeske
    Community Member

Just received my support ID: [#CHW-54389-621] Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @fkeske,

We received your email, and I see that someone here has replied to you (if you didn't receive the email, please make sure you check any junk folders/spam filters to see if it was caught there). We'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. Thanks!

ref: CHW-54389-621

This discussion has been closed.