Change Log for 1P for Windows Modern Alpha? [see Revision History thread]

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

There was an update for the 1Password for Windows Modern Alpha. Where can I find the release notes?

Thanks.

Never mind. I just spotted it above, second message from the top.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

The list order will change, as new "sticky" posts (what the forum software calls announcements) are added and old ones removed, but the URL should stay the same:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/39903/

• dougj
    dougj
    Community Member

Is it possible to add version numbers instead of just Alpha release 1 and 2? According to the app the current version is v.1.15.4.140.

• Good idea @dougj, updated release notes.

• dougj
    dougj
    Community Member

Just to make sure I am actually using the correct version, I found the version number in "About". (menu is in swedish). However for me it still says v....140 instead of v....220. Is there another way of seeing the version number? I've used Windows 8.1 for a long time, but I still have no idea about when my apps update. I think I set them to auto-update but there is almost never a notification about it. Anyways, I am happy that you have a version history here, makes it alot easier knowing when updates do come.

• Windows Store will update app to the latest or at least must notify you. This might take from few hours to few days since the application is certified in Windows Store. You can force update cycle to get it faster.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@dougj, that Settings > About command is the correct way to see what version you're running.

• dougj
    dougj
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile Thanks, didn't know that. Now I'm updated. Every day is a new learning. :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We're glad to help, @dougj!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Thanks for the updates. I like the idea of keeping snapshots in OPVault.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

Well, I didn't really mean "snapshot" in the sense of using the .opvault folder as some sort of backup. 1Password for Mac and Windows both include robust and dependable automatic backups, and that's your first line of defense against data loss, human error, and other calamities. :)

My point was that you not think of the .opvault folder (at least one created from within 1Password for Windows) as your "live" vault, the one you depend on for day-to-day use, but that you use it as a (possibly only partial) snapshot of your data at a specific moment, which you can use to experiment with 1Password for Windows Modern.

This discussion has been closed.