Migrated to New Mac and Now Can't Wifi Sync with IOS devices - Error 7202

Mikemac2
Mikemac2
Community Member

Hi - I recently migrated all my accounts, programs and content from an old Mac to a new one. Now when i try to do a wifi sync using my new Mac, i get Error 7202 "Attempted to sync with a different vault than originally configured." I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have for resolving this.

Thanks,
Mike

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

There's a very long thread about this in the 1P for iOS forum. Start here but read backwards and forwards in that thread and see if anything helps.

Stephen

• Hi @Mikemac2,

We're chasing down a bug that may be the cause of that problem. There's two workarounds to try:

1. On the iOS device, disable Sync completely. Then try to reconnect it. Make sure that you only tap 'Sync Now' once.
    2. Create a backup on the iOS device and get it off of the device via iTunes File Sharing so that you can restore from that backup in the event something goes wrong. Then delete the app from the phone entirely, and reinstall the app. Do not restore the backup unless necessary. Create a new vault on the iOS device then setup Wi-Fi sync, or setup Wi-Fi sync as part of the first run experience.

We're working hard on figuring this out.

Rick

• Mikemac2
    Mikemac2
    Community Member

Hi Rick
    Thanks for the reply. Can you please tell me how to disable Sync on my device?

I have 3 devices so the second option will be pretty time consuming.

Mike

• Mikemac2
    Mikemac2
    Community Member

Hi Stephen,
    Thanks for the reply. I read through the thread you suggested before I posted this and I didn't see anything that applied to my situation.

Mike

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mikemac2,

This screenshot may help.

Now that is the generalised case to cover the possibility of somebody asking about a secondary vault. If you only have a Primary vault you can actually go from the top left hand screen to the bottom left hand screen (so skipping out the top right hand one) by selecting the Sync option instead of the Vaults one.

Hopefully though that will be all you need to guide you through the steps but if not please do say and we can go into more detail.

This discussion has been closed.