I get the message "Please wait while we backup your 1Password Vault...

jmv
jmv
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I just hangs, if I restart the 1Password application, the "Please wait while we backup your 1Password vault..."message, it just hangs and the application is no longer responsive. I just spent four hours and $50 on your application. Not happy.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

It would be very useful if you would tell us what version of 1P you are running and on what platform (Windows, OS X, Android, iOS). Without that information it's rather diffcult to help.

Stephen

• jmv
    jmv
    Community Member

Hey Stephen,
    I'm running Windows 7 Pro, 64bit. 1Password Version 4.3.1.560

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jmv: I'm sorry for the trouble! It sounds like there may be a permissions issue preventing 1Password from writing the backup file. I hope you don't mind, but I've moved this thread to the Windows section of the forums.

Check your backup path and make sure you have access to it with your user account (without escalating to admin). If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do would be to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums at agilebits dot com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• jmv
    jmv
    Community Member

All of my permissions look good. I'm going to do a cold boot tonight and see if that helps... if not I'll generate a DR and send it out to the support+forums. Thanks for the quick response.

• Hi @jmv,

Please do let us know here when you sent the report later.

One thing we've noticed a few times in the past is that people put their data vault or backups inside their vault folder, so it turns into a bad loop that can cause the application to freak out. We've added some preventive measures but sometime a new way to do this pops up.

1Password might be freezing as the result of the large size. Please check these settings for both folders in 1Password's Preferences (go to the File Menu > Preferences in the main application)

1. 1Password vault:
    2. Backups folder:

Make sure they're not the same folders or a subfolder to one of the others, or you can tell us what your folders are set to and we can let you know what's happening.

Also, make sure both folders are not on a network or USB drive, they should be on your hard drive.

This discussion has been closed.