Custom Icons Not Syncing [not currently supported on Android]

glindsey
glindsey
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Android

Hey, I created some new logins on my Macbook, along with updating some files with some new login pictures. Everything is syncing beautifully between the Mac and my iPad mini. But none of the new login pictures are syncing to my android device which is on Lollipop 5.0.2. The login items themselves sync to the android device; just not their associated login pictures.

Comments

• Thanks for getting in touch with us! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble viewing some attachments on your Android.

Did you previously have different attachments added to the item, and then replace those attachments with new ones? If so, are you still seeing the old attachments on Android? The reason I ask is that there is a known issue where attachments that have replaced other attachments do not transfer to Android.

Let me know if that sounds like the case here!

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Not certain that this is the same issue as you are describing, Peri. To reproduce the error: Create a new login on a desktop or laptop computer and then add a custom icon to it. Sync it with an Android phone. The login will show up on the Android phone but without its custom icon. Why everything will sync but the picture file ( icon) beats me!

• peri
    edited April 2015

ref: OPA-106
    Ahh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I thought you were referring to attachments rather than custom icons.

Currently, custom icons are not supported on Android. We do have an open issue to add support for them, and I'll go ahead and add your vote. :)

Let us know if you need anything else!

• glindsey
    glindsey
    Community Member

Please make adding custom icons to Android a priority. For visually oriented people, being able to identify logins by their icons is critical. And some sites either do not have icons otherwise or the ones that are self-created by the application are of very poor quality.

• I completely understand and I'll pass on your feedback to the team. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.