Firefox and 1Password: Extension doesn't always show up, selecting a Login redisplay login menu, etc

GeorgeCostanza
GeorgeCostanza
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Greetings -

1Password support in FireFox under Windows is abysmal. There are intermittent, but frequent problems. They are -
1) clicking on the 1Password icon on FireFox menu does not always bring up 1Password master password dialogue. Restarting FireFox usually resolves this.
2) after clicking on the 'login' selection on drop down menu a list of sites is presented, but selecting a site results in redisplaying the 1Password first level 'login' menu.
3) there's something that goes wrong when filling in the user id, in that the web sites sometimes see the id as invalid. Turning off auto-logon helps somewhat but not entirely.

Also, why, if I have already entered my password on 1Password under my browser, do I then have to renter it if I open 1Password desktop? And vice versa. It isn't like there are two different passwords. Once should be enough for both the browser interface and the desktop app.

Also, if I have entered a password on the desktop why am I prompted to renter it if I do a wi-if sync from my iOS device. It isn't like there are two different passwords. I've already opened the desktop and entered my password prior to the wi-if sync.

Recently, I've started test running 1Password on my Mac. Some of these problems don't seem to be present under 1Password 5. Maybe 1Password 5 should be on Windows, also.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

clicking on the 1Password icon on FireFox menu does not always bring up 1Password master password dialogue. Restarting FireFox usually resolves this.

Sounds like the connection between Firefox and the 1Password helper is getting broken. Do you happen to be running anti-virus software?

why, if I have already entered my password on 1Password under my browser, do I then have to renter it if I open 1Password desktop?

Is this setting on? File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers > When unlocking the application, also unlock 1Password in the browser

There is one scenario where this issue could happen:
    1. You start your PC
    2. You start your web browser
    3. You unlock 1Password in your web browser
    4. You start the 1Password application

In all other scenarios, the 1Password application should unlock 1Password in your web browser (and vice versa).

if I have entered a password on the desktop why am I prompted to renter it if I do a wi-if sync from my iOS device. It isn't like there are two different passwords. I've already opened the desktop and entered my password prior to the wi-if sync.

Wi-Fi Sync is asking you for your iOS master password, because that is what it is going to encrypt the communications with. Yes in theory this is identical to your master password on Windows, but on Windows we do not have your master password. 1Password for Windows is designed not to keep your master password in memory.

This discussion has been closed.