Former paid app user unable to restore pro features

Options
TAsunder
TAsunder
Community Member

Hello,

I paid for the now defunct $10 app. When the free / updated app came out, I tried consistently to restore features but it never worked. I noticed now that when I try, it simply fails (instead of timing out like before). I did change my email address in iTunes at some point so perhaps that it is. what do I need to do to get the pro features unlocked?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If I've understood correctly:

1. You used an older version of 1P for iOS before the current free version with in-app purchase came out.
    2. You want now to restore the pro features in the new version on the basis of your purchase of the old version.

If what I've said is correct you can't do what you want. The old version and the new version are effectively different products.

Stephen

• TAsunder
    TAsunder
    Community Member
    Options

Except that when the new app came out, the documentation and app clearly stated that users of the existing paid application would be able to upgrade to the pro features for free. And it has never worked.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Except that when the new app came out, the documentation and app clearly stated that users of the existing paid application would be able to upgrade to the pro features for free.

Ah, I do apologise. I didn't realise you'd been using 1P4 for iOS: sorry. In that case, have you tried enabling the pro features instead of restoring them?

Stephen

• TAsunder
    TAsunder
    Community Member
    Options

How do I do that? I do not see any such option.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TAsunder,

Which version of 1Password did you purchase?

• TAsunder
    TAsunder
    Community Member
    Options

Aha, it appears as if the last version I paid for was 1Password Pro 3.7.2. I do not think I was ever aware of v4 (the icon does not look familiar). I downloaded either 4.5 or 5 when I purchased an iPhone 5S. Does this mean I am not eligible for the "free" upgrade?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @TAsunder,

You can continue to use 1Password without any additional expense, but the Pro features would be an additional cost, yes.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.