1Password and Terminal / SSH question

m4gr01ino
m4gr01ino
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Mac

IS 1Password supposed to fill in the password when following the trick at https://support.1password.com/ssh-logins/ ? It only opens the session but I stil have to manually copy/paste the password into the terminal..

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Comments

• Hi @m4gr01ino,

Thanks for writing in. Unfortunately 1Password isn't expected to fill the password in that case. It would certainly be nice if it did, I'll make sure to add a vote for you on the Feature Request.

Cheers.

Rick

• brandtkurowski
    edited May 2015

Hi Rick, can you add a vote for me on this feature request too please?

I also wanted to say that it would be great if 1Password could alternately fill in the current TOTP value associated with an SSH login, for those who use SSH public key authentication but are also required to use two-factor authentication for SSH.

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @brandtkurowski,

I've added your vote for you :smile:

I've made a note of your 2FA comment too. Are we talking about RFC 6238? so 1Password compatible. I only ask as I hadn't realised anybody was using that in conjunction with SSH.

ref: OPM-990

• steveberl
    steveberl
    Community Member

+1 for giving 1Password the ability to 1) automate ssh logins, and 2) automate multistep ssh logins like when you have to log into a front end machine, and then another ssh login to the actual host you want to talk to.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know, @steveberl! We appreciate the feedback.

ref: OPM-990

This discussion has been closed.