1Password Corrupted - Unable to download fresh copy from the App Store

Bison972
Bison972
Community Member

Running OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. During update, 1 Password was corrupted. Followed instructions and deleted 1Password files. Trying to download a new copy from the App store and app status reflects installing but it does not show up in my downloads folder or in Launchpad. Help!

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

Did you follow this exact procedure?

1. Drag the 1P app to the trash (don't use any app cleaner tool, which is likely to try to delete files you need to keep).
    2. Empty the trash and reboot.
    3. Re-download and re-install 1P.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bison972,

Did Stephen's suggestion help to solve the problem? If not, and the problem is that you're having trouble downloading or installing a new copy of 1Password, are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?

If you have a license for the AgileBits Store version, you should be able to get it from our download site, and it should be found in your Downloads folder, or whichever folder is the default for your web browser downloads. On the other hand, if you are installing it from the Mac App Store, it will be installed directly to the Applications folder.

If you're still having trouble with that, please let us know if you've tried Stephen's steps, which version you're trying to download, and exactly what happens. Thanks!

• Bison972
    Bison972
    Community Member

I followed Stephen's procedure exactly. When I try to reinstall or reacquire the app from the Mac App Store, it will not download. The app from the Mac App store does indicate previously purchased and offers the ability to install. When I click on install, the icon changes to "installing" yet nothing happens.

• Bison972
    Bison972
    Community Member

ok...I have no idea what happened. I tried to download another app from the Mac App Store. When I did, the 1Password application came with it and I am again up and running. Thanks for the responses. By the way, I love 1Password! Purchased it for my wife's IOS devices in addition to mine. It is a must have!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's good news, thanks for letting us know! I'm not sure why it was having trouble downloading before, perhaps it was some sort of temporary Mac App Store issue.

Thanks for your kind words and support, I'm happy to hear you love 1Password! We want our customers to enjoy using it as much as we love making & supporting it. :) If you ever need more help, just let us know - we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.