cannot find nor download on Mac

youncled
youncled
Community Member

1Password is working on my iPad and iPhone. Now running Yosemite 10.10.3. 1password is no longer in my apps and cannot be downloaded from the app store although the note beside says OPEN. Help!

Comments

• justme12
    justme12
    Community Member

Did you do a search for it using Spotlight? Maybe it is not in your Applications folder? Did you move it at one point?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @youncled,

If there is an Open button next to 1Password in the Mac App Store, that should mean it's still installed on your Mac. What happens when you click on Open?

As justme12 suggested, if the 1Password app seems to have gone missing, you might find it by doing a Spotlight search on your Mac. Are you able to find it that way? Please let us know how it goes and if you need more help to find it, thanks!

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

"OPEN" here does not mean that the program is currently open, but that it has been installed and that you can open it by clicking on that button.

Where it is I don't know, it should be in /Applications. @justme12 's suggestion may help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @danco! Yes, I should probably have clarified that the Open button is meant to launch the app from its current location on the Mac, and is not an indicator of whether the app is currently open. The fact that the button says Open also indicates that the app is currently installed.

This discussion has been closed.