device needed?

mystified
mystified
Community Member

I am new to your system and completely mystified. My main question right now is what happens if my devices are stolen or unavailable. Are my passwords gone or can I get them online somehow?

Comments

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mystified,

You may be interested in the article in our awesome (if I do say so myself) knowledgebase about what to do if your device is stolen.

And if you sync your 1Password data with Dropbox, we have a feature called 1PasswordAnywhere that allows you to access your data from any computer via Dropbox's website (just make sure you know your Dropbox password!).

If you're looking for more information on how to set up and use 1Password, the user guide is a great place to start. I'm not sure which version of 1Password you're using (or considering), but here's the user guide for 1Password 5 for Mac, which works on OS X 10.10 Yosemite.

If you haven't yet purchased 1Password, you can download it from our website and try it out for free for 30 days. If you don't apply a license after 30 days, you can still use it, but some functions will be restricted.

Alternately, you can also buy 1Password from the Mac App Store. It works exactly the same except you don't have to manually apply the license, and you have the added option of using iCloud to sync your data if you'd prefer.

If you have any other questions we can help you with, fire away! We're here to de-mystify. ;)

This discussion has been closed.