Changed country, can't install 1Password

assistcontrol
assistcontrol
Community Member

I purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store. I recently moved from Canada to the US. It turns out that when you change countries, you lose access to all Mac and iOS apps you've purchased, and it is Apple's policy that you are welcome to purchase everything again.

Luckily, any apps that you installed before moving will continue to work. However, I just bought a new Mac, and now I cannot install 1Password on it without buying it again (nothing that I bought before moving to the US shows up in the Purchases list). Because I can't download it, I can't just install the website-download version to have it pick up the Mac App Store license.

Can you help me out here? I'm a paying customer, I've bought 1Password for Mac once already.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

At the bottom right of the App Store page there is a flag. Click on that and you can change country, and then you should be able to get your old purchases.

• assistcontrol
    assistcontrol
    Community Member

I get "This Apple ID is only valid for purchases in the U.S. iTunes Store. You will be switched to that Store."

Can AgileBits help me transfer to an AgileBits-download license? I'm happy to provide the receipt from the original purchase in the Mac App Store...

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

It would be helpful if you'd confirm what version of 1P you are running. In general terms, the latest AgileBits store version of 1P for Mac (1P5) should recognise your Mac App Store version and licence itself accordingly—although you may need also to look at this knowledge base article:

Migrating to the web store version

There is one important thing to note. If you migrate to the AgileBits store version you will lose the ability to use iCloud to sync your 1P data. Of course, Dropbox and wifi sync will still work (with both versions).

Stephen

• assistcontrol
    assistcontrol
    Community Member

Well, I'm running 5.3 (530029) on every computer I have it on. The problem is that I cannot download it on my new Mac (it doesn't show purchases made before I moved to the US). So, I cannot install the Mac App Store version on that computer. Stephen_C, the link you provided requires that the MAS version be installed on the computer first.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @assistcontrol,

If you were to email us at support+licenses@agilebits.com along with a copy of your MAS receipt and a link to this thread somebody will respond shortly to assist with your issue :smile:

• assistcontrol
    assistcontrol
    Community Member

Done. Thank you, Mr. Or Ms. Best-username-ever.

• assistcontrol
    assistcontrol
    Community Member

As a followup, AgileBits generated a new license file for me and I am now up and running. Thanks AgileBits!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Glad we could make your day @assistcontrol :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.