Safari 6 crash under Mountain Lion

Options
iorbita
iorbita
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Mac

Hello,
Safari 6.2.5 constantly crash under Mountain Lion. I suspect 1Password 4.4.2, I found an article that refers to a proxy problem, but this option is not enabled on my system.

Do you think there is another reason for this dysfunction?

Thank you

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I suspect 1Password 4.4.2,

What is it that makes you suspect 1P? Does Safari still crash if you go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions and disable the 1P extension? (It's probably worth quitting and re-starting Safari after doing that.)

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iorbita,

I would agree that Stephen_C's post is a good place to start, we can investigate the possibility of the 1Password Safari Extension being responsible for the crashing but if that assumption is wrong we'd waste a fair amount of your time before we can turn our attention to the genuine cause.

Are you trying to do anything in particular or visiting certain sites when the crashes seem to happen?

• iorbita
    iorbita
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    ... sorry, I thought the problem was the 1Password extension, but the problem is still present even if disable all the extensions in the browser ... so the problem is elsewhere.

Thank you :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @iorbita, thanks for letting us know! I'm glad the 1Password extension is not causing the problem, although I'm sorry to hear Safari is still crashing. Restarting your Mac is always worth trying if you haven't already done that. If that doesn't help, perhaps you have an Apple Store in the area where someone can assist you?

I hope it works out well and that you're able to solve the problem. If you have any other questions about 1Password, please let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.