The operation couldn't be completed

damjanjagar
damjanjagar
Community Member

Hello.

Since few days ago I have "The operation couldn't be completed" issue with every login. What to do?

Screen shot:
https://dropbox.com/s/lx96mveam75g7db/Screenshot%202015-04-29%2012.28.21.png?dl=0

brD

Comments

• Hi @damjanjagar,

I'm sorry to hear you're getting this error. This error message would be triggered by the AutoSubmit applescript that runs in order to automatically submit the login on your behalf. The applescript asks an app called System Events, which should always be available, to fake hitting the return key. I've never seen that applescript fail like that though.

Have you tried rebooting your Mac? That'd be the first thing to try, I think.

Let us know if that helps.

Rick

• damjanjagar
    damjanjagar
    Community Member

That newbie trick like always solved problem. :) Thanks.

brD

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I sometimes forget to suggest the easiest of potential solutions myself. It's shocking the issues that can often be resolved with a simple reboot :smile: I think the reason is that as computers are pretty stable these days we often leave them for weeks, days or months. I can probably count on one hand how often I reboot my Mac Mini Server in a year and that's mostly to do with system updates.

This discussion has been closed.