This BETA version of 1 Password will expire on April 30, 2015 [Fixed]

Alex161
Alex161
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Can someone explain why I have received this please. Windows 7 64bit. I tried http://algibits.com/download but not sure about downloading from the start again. not had this before and am regulkarky updating the latest downloads with the last one on the 23rd April. Th elink is UNAVAILABLE

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Try this link instead:
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4

Hopefully, Agilebits will resolve it soon.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@Alex161 I'm sorry you are having this problem. I will release a new BETA version ASAP. Thanks!

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member

The last download I made wass 565 on the 23 April, which seems to be after wkleem mentions.

• Hi guys,

We will get a new beta out with a longer expiration date before the April 30th deadline.

Even if it is expired, 1Password will notify you to download it from the site here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

You can replace the beta with a stable version and you won't lose any data, the 1Password data is stored outside of the application.

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member

I will check on the morning of the 29th but hope there will be an update by then, Many thanks

• You're welcome. We'll certainly update you guys here the moment the new beta comes out.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

When I tried to update to 4.3.2 Beta #566, a "Not Found" dialog box is displayed.

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

I've not been sent a 566 update yet. Hopefully this should be in the making and on the way in the next couple of days

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member

Thank you Bernfrin, just checked and downloaded the new 566. Much appreciated.

• Yes, new beta came out today. Thanks for your patience.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

It's not working at my end. It says This web page is not available.

The webpage at https://cache.agilebits.com/dist/1P/win4/1Password-4.3.2.BETA-566.exe might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

• Up and running on my end. Can you please try again?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

It's not working for me. I even tried to download it from my Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@wkleem: Ouch. Well, it's there alright. I have a lot of copies of this file now, downloaded from various computers and browsers. You may be able to reset the browser cache to get it working, but it seems more likely that it's an ISP DNS caching issue since it's affecting all of the computers on your network. Sometimes I need to switch over to tethering when things get this bad...

Clearing the DNS cache on the system level (ipconfig /flushdns) or trying a different DNS server may help too.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

My ISP has been reporting outages. Meanwhile I will need to revert to the stable version, if it can be downloaded!

Only the #566 can't be downloaded. I'just tried and successfully downloaded #560 Stable, #565 and #564.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I wouldn't be able to test it until much later.

• Hi @wkleem,

Sure. I think we may have fixed it, it may have been an issue on the changelog server and it should be fixed by now.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@MikeT, It's working now. Thanks.

• Good to know @wkleem. Phew.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

There is a restart issue for the new betas as reported by @RichardPayne and myself in the Windows Beta forum.

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member

I have downloaded the 567 on my windows 7 64bit PC all OK

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@svondutch, I sort of remember that it used to be possible to manually switch servers before the downloads. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this any more. It might have been on the Mac and not Windows. I cannot recall specifically.

• MikeT
    edited April 2015

Hi guys,

@Alex161,

I have downloaded the 567 on my windows 7 64bit PC all OK

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

@wkleem,

There is a restart issue for the new betas as reported by @RichardPayne and myself in the Windows Beta forum.

If anybody have issues like this, please go to the thread here.

We haven't been able to reproduce it yet, we're still testing but so far it is only affecting 2-3 people. The situation is that the updater can't replace the 1Password Helper file as it is in use, so it requires the user to reboot in order to replace the file.

I sort of remember that it used to be possible to manually switch servers before the downloads. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this any more. It might have been on the Mac and not Windows. I cannot recall specifically.

That's only for the Mac version, we don't offer it for Windows. We might be able to add this option in the future.

• Alex161
    Alex161
    Community Member

Thanks again. This morning I downloaded 568 without a problem on my Windows 7 64 bit, although it did produce a box saying error this will not download in the normal way, use this. When clicked it loaded fine.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for getting back to us. I'm glad to hear it's working for you. :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

this will not download in the normal way, use this

Sounds like it is not really working as intended. /cc @brenty

This discussion has been closed.