About default vault

huangzuo
huangzuo
Community Member

1password always use master vault as default vault after been launched.
Is it possible to change default vault to other vault without press COMMAND+NUM? Like config it in setup...

Comments

• Hi @huangzuo,

Unfortunately this isn't possible yet. It would sure be nice to be able to re-classify another vault as being the default/Primary vault, or at least re-order vaults so that you can define which number they correspond to. There's a lot of things there that could be a lot better. We hope to do better there in a future release.

Rick

• mtrcycllvr
    mtrcycllvr
    Community Member

+1 for default vault settings.. I just implemented shared vaults for my aging mother - it would REALLY be nice to have ZERO CONFUSION there, i.e.; set her up with a vault we can all access and we NEVER worry about her "loosing" another password, but now, is it in the family vault or her private vault? The default is her private vault unless she "does something", which ain't gonna happen..

Shared vaults are huge step forward for the family tech geek who supports everyone - a little more fine tuning would REALLY improve the story..

I'll l live with occasionally making copies from her private vault to the shared family vault, but we hope this doesn't fall into the primary search field fiasco category. ;-)

STILL present in 1password 5.. A simple search simply isn't. IE; it is impossible to search ONLY on the title of an entry, which is sort of backwards from most searches that include too little..
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/119548/#Comment_119548

Thanks! (still happy with the product, by the way....)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mtrcycllvr,

Thanks for your feedback about multiple vaults and changing the default! We're working on improving multiple vaults, and I'll be happy to send your comments to our developers.

As for the "Search Title" toolbar search option including non-title fields, I apologize that hasn't been resolved yet. I'm afraid I don't have anything new to report as far as the progress of that one, but I will absolutely add your feedback to the bug report.

Aside from those issues, I'm really happy to hear you're enjoying 1Password! If you need anything else, you know where to find us. ;)

ref: OPM-1919
    ref: OPM-1323

This discussion has been closed.