Mac/ Application Folder

Options
bricks333
bricks333
Community Member

I bought the Mac App store version. I got the following error message "Are you using the Mac App Store version of 1Password? Ensure that your web browsers are stored in your Mac’s /Applications folder. This version of 1Password is sandboxed and might not be able to verify browsers stored elsewhere." How do I determine if my Chrome web browser is in the Applications folder? If it isn't, how do I do it? What does "sandboxed" mean?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

Open you applications folder on your Mac and look for the app named "Google Chrome" To open the Applications folder from the Finder "Go" menu locate Applications and click it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ya4zy0dfb7y7hzv/2015-05-05 at 7.17 PM 2x.png?dl=0

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/26rku8rxkfu2x1r/2015-05-05 at 7.18 PM 2x.png?dl=0

Sandboxed, refers to a limitation by which Apple and other computer OS's limit an apps ability to access other files and or data on the computer. Basically it helps to ensure that only verified apps like 1Password and Chrome can run on your system.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bricks333,

Hopefully @thightower's post helped you determine whether Chrome is in your Applications folder. If you don't find it there, you can track down it's location this way:

• Locate the Chrome icon that you usually use to open the browser (perhaps it's in your dock at the bottom of the screen?)
    • Hold down the control key while you click on that icon. This should make a small menu appear
    • Select Options > Show in Finder
    • If it's not in Applications (as pictured in thightower's second link, above), click and drag the Chrome icon onto the word Applications in the left sidebar of the Finder window. That will move it to the Applications folder.

Let us know how it goes! :)

• bricks333
    bricks333
    Community Member
    Options

Worked after I restarted. Thanks

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it, @bricks333! You know where to find us if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.