is 1Password safe to use in an android phone?

Options
LDA1971
LDA1971
Community Member

Hi. Currently I use 1Password on my iPhone 5s and I feel very secure. I will like to know if 1Password is safe to use on a android phone OS version 5? Thanks.

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Yes

• peri
    Options

Hey @LDA1971. :) Thanks for joining us over here in Android!

1Password is indeed safe to use on your Android phone. Here at AgileBits, our topmost priority is security. We use the same, exceedingly secure encryption (256-bit AES) that's used on iOS, so you can be confident that your data is well encrypted behind your (hopefully) strong master password.

You can read further into our secure design features here: https://support.1password.com/secure-by-design/

Further, we've added a custom keyboard and accessibility service on Android so that you can fill your data automatically, without ever having to place it on the clipboard. This way, you can prevent your passwords from being sniffed by other apps while they're on the clipboard.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have further questions. :)

• LDA1971
    LDA1971
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot @peri, now I fell more pleased to use 1Password and Android. Thanks.

• peri
    Options

No problem! I'm glad I was able to shed a little light on our security practices.

Let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.